I Can Taste the Failure on Your Lips

Chapter 5

I was currently standing inside the nearest Cell Phone store. The different options stared me in the face, taunting me with their shiny surfaces and different names. "Is there a certain brand you want?" The sales man asked standing in front of me. I shrugged and looked around.

"Get an iPhone!" Matt yelled holding up the flat phone and tapping the screen.

“iPhones are rather nice.” The man stated and clasped his hands together taking a phone in his hand. “This is a newer phone; it Slides side-ways to have the full keyboard and has a touch screen.” He said handing it to me. I held the shiny blue plastic in my hand, looking at the screen.

“This is all nice, but I don’t have a lot of money.” I stated, sadly putting the phone back.

“We want that one.” Oliver stated from behind me pointing at the phone I just put down.

“I don’t have enough money for that.” I stated.

“I do, you can pay me back when you get the money.” He said smiling as the man walked behind the counter and rung up the phone.

“Do you have an account with us?” he asked.

“Add her to mine.” Oliver said walking forward and telling the man the information, and receiving my new number. It felt awkward having someone do everything for me that was not my parents. Oliver was helping me out so much, I felt bad about having nothing to do in return.

“You okay?” Tom asked from beside me. I jumped slightly and looked over at him as he tore me from my internal conversation.

“Yeah, it’s just…” I stopped thing for the right word.

“Weird?” He asked smiling and I nodded. “Oli has a way of…helping others, but not caring about some.” He stated.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, would you waste your time on an arrogant person?” He questioned and I shook my head.

“Exactly, and Oli usually could care less about people, but you obviously stood out.” Tom stated and looked down at a phone.

“I was sitting alone in a park.” I stated.

“And looking like on the verge of tears if I might add.” Oliver stated handing me the new phone. He handed me a sheet of paper and smiled. “Your new number.” He stated and we all made our way out of the store.

As we made way back to House as I saw Mrs. Sykes car sitting in the drive way, waiting to be cleaned. The boys groaned and sighed, anticipating what was to come. I smiled a bit and walked inside.

“BOYS!” Mrs. Sykes yelled through the house.

“What??” they answered and stood in the hall.

“Ready?” She asked and they nodded, pulling their hoods up and going back out. I watched room the window as they took rags, and cleaning things, wiping dirt and other things off her car. I giggled and watched as they all wiped, and cleaned the car.

“Funny isn’t it?” A Man asked behind me and I nodded. “I told them not to, but boys never listen, do they?” He laughed. “Ian.” He stated and held out his hand.

“Alexandria.” I smiled and shook his hand

“How long will you be staying here?” He asked

“AS long as I am allowed.” I shrugged.

“Well, we follow the law, just not completely. Our House, Our Rules, so you’re welcome here.” He stated and stood, walking up the stairs. How nice of them to just let a random kid, stay inside their house.

I never knew people could be so nice, but I guess people can surprise you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Corinne Patricia for your comment:)
anyone one else want to leave me love?
hate?
anything random to say?
<3