Status: Awake, but slow.

The Diary of a Miserable Insomniac

Still Wide Awake

You're lying in bed. The pillows are fluffed. The lights are out. The alarm is set. You're just waiting to drift off, but that moment never comes. You're thinking, if I fall asleep right now, I can still get seven hours of sleep. And you look at the clock, and it's six hours. And then it's five hours. And, of course, you're still wide awake. That's me every night.

The wind violently beats against my window in the night. i, Listening closely to the howling of the wind. The leave less tree branches scrapping against the windows of the five story building. But it was not loud enough to drowned out the piercing silence that penetrated and stung my ears. Causing my over sensitive Grey eyes to water.

4:11am is currently the time. The light green numbers seemed to jump out from the black background of my alarm clock. The same one i haven't used for the past 3 weeks. I sighed. You start to notice things you never have before when your always awake. I've always been observant of the beauty around me, but now its far more strong. Looking at the blue carpeted floor under me blankly. memories clung to the surface and dared to be discovered.