Let Love In

Three.

Lazy Saturday: Noah and Riley slept in late, having stayed up past four, gushing about the boys and discussing any possible hidden meaning of glances, smirks, smiles, etc. they had observed at the show. Three pm rolled around and they were still in their pajamas watching the Disney Channel and snacking on whatever they had found in the pantry during their three am food raid.

The door burst open and Sarah waltzed in without bothering to knock. “Damn Sarah, do you ever knock?” Noah pulled her eyes off the television long enough to glare at her sister’s abrupt entry into her room. “Whaddya want?”

“Ugh, you’ll get over it.” Sarah rolled her eyes, leaning against the edge of the desk. “Well, apparently, Colin and his friends are going out tonight to Old Chicago and he said y’all are invited to come with us.”

“His friends? As in the boys from last night?” Riley sat up, the tone in her voice oozing an obvious and sudden interest in going.

“Guess that means count us in…” Noah kept her excitement to a minimum as she pressed for more details.

“Eight o’clock, I guess. Dinner and Pizookies, y’know, the usual. Be ready.” Sarah’s tone ended on a serious note as she left the room texting Colin back.

“Wow Noah, way to be excited about tonight…” Riley scoffed sarcastically at her friend as she hit her with a pillow.

“Hey now, you know full well that if Sarah found out how much I liked Colin, She’d tell him in a heartbeat and I would never hear the end of it.”

“This is true.” Riley nodded her head in agreement as Noah continued.

“Besides, I’m just Sarah’s sister to him. He doesn’t even like me like that. It would not end well.”

“Yeah, as far as YOU know, but you never knowwwww…” Riley’s eyebrows bounced up and down as she trailed off into a giggle. Noah’s pillow came flying out of nowhere, hitting Riley over the head, followed by a “Stop trying to get my hopes up!” The two laughed as the pillows went flying until they were left gasping for air.

“Okay, now to get serious. What are we going to wear?”

At 7:45, the door to Noah’s room flew open, with Sarah--already in mid-yell about how they better be ready in ten minutes or she was leaving their sorry asses behind--appearing in the doorway. The two girls were surprisingly already dressed and ready to go, watching TV and waiting for Sarah, who was clearly not ready yet.

“Ten minutes? Okay just let us know when you’re ready.” Riley smirked as Sarah lingered for a moment in the doorway, slightly shocked, before turning on her heal to leave. The two friends smiled silently to each other and went back to their TV show.

When the three arrived at the familiar Old Chicago, the boys were already checked in and waiting with the hostess. Sarah went straight to Colin’s side, his arm snaking around her waist as everyone said hello. Noah noticed one of the guys, the one she was pretty sure was John, give Riley the once over with a smirk before the hostess led them through the crowded restaurant to their table.

Noah excused herself to the bathroom before they sat down and returned to find the only available seat to be at the far end of the table next to Shaun and across from the one she remembered as Eric. Riley was sandwiched between Eric and John, Nick on John’s other side, with Sarah sandwiched between Shaun and Colin. Noah felt her heart drop a tiny bit at the idea of being about as far away from Colin as physically possible at this table, leaving little hope for a conversation opportunity, but pushed the disappointment away as she mulled over the menu.

Eric was friendly enough to strike up a “get to know you” conversation with Noah, putting her nerves slightly at ease as they waited for their food. As the night went on, Noah was enjoying herself quite nicely, growing completely oblivious to the other half of the table who were engaged in separate conversation. She had noticed after a while that John’s arm was draped gently across the back of Riley’s chair, and she was leaning into him slightly as they talked, switching between the two conversations at the table.

“Have we decided on dessert?” Their waiter interrupted the heated debate Shaun, Noah, and Eric were having over their favorite Saturday morning cartoons.

“Two party pizookies, please.” Colin’s voice responded for the group, reminding Noah of his presence. She turned her head to look down the table, watching as her sister cuddled up to Colin, with his arm wrapped around her. A wave of jealousy and slight panic crashed over her as she quickly excused herself to the bathroom.

Noah stared into the mirror holding her breath to calm herself down as Riley came crashing through the door, staring straight at her friend. “Okay, what’s up? I saw your face drop as you got up from the table.”

“Nothing.” Noah sighed as she let out an obvious lie, and Riley didn’t buy it.
“Does this have anything to do with Sarah and Colin being all over each other at the other end of the table?” Her face was serious, and she knew without waiting for Noah’s response that she was spot on.

“I just… ugh. I don’t get it, y’know?” Noah let out a frustrated sigh and closed her eyes. “Last time I checked they weren’t together, they were just friends, and then last night, ugh and then now, gahh it’s just not.. yeah. I mean--” Noah felt herself being pulled into a hug and smiled as she opened her eyes.

“Who knows, but whatever, y’know, don’t let it ruin your night, or a perfectly delicious party pizookie.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right…” Noah let out a sigh and felt a small smile creep onto her lips.
“Of course I am. I’m ALWAYS right.” Riley winked at her best friend as they linked arms to walk back to the table.

“Everything alright?” Eric smiled as the two returned to the table.
“Yeah.” Noah smiled a more genuine smile as the waiter rounded the corner, party pizookies in hand.

“So the guys and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow if you ladies wanna join us?” Colin announced as the group walked back to their cars.

“Yeah, that sounds great, ‘cause we all have season passes!” Riley’s tone of voice was one Noah knew all too well, meaning she would have lots to say when they returned to the house.

“I have to work tomorrow, so I’ll pass, thanks.” Sarah replied flatly as she unlocked the door and climbed in the car.

“Looks like it’s just you two then, still game?” Colin looked to Noah, waiting for a response.
“Y-yeah, that sounds like fun.” She forced a smile to mask her sudden stutter. “Awesome, can’t wait. We’ll swing by your place around 9:30. See you ladies tomorrow!” Colin smiled cheerfully as they waved their goodbyes. Noah smiled to herself as they climbed in the car, already looking forward to tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 ACM SONGS WERE ON THE REAL WORLD TONIGHT :))) So proud :')
Also, it was a bad idea for me to listen to Hanson tonight 'cause now I'm bummed that I won't be seeing them or ARTTM this month. :(