In the Shadows of My Brother

Chapter 12

I looked directly at the voice talking.

“Yes,” I said looking at this well groomed guy in front of me.

“Ms. Baker, I’m Dean Pembroke, leader of admissions at Harvard University. I’ve just had a discussion with Charles about your admissions to Harvard.” He said rather regally.

“Nice to meet you Dean Pembroke, this school really is something. I would love the opportunity to study here.” I stated.
“Well take a fine look my dear, soon enough this might be your home for the next four or so years! If you excuse me I need to go finish reading some of the other applications.” Dean Pembroke said leaving my brother and me to stand there.

I stood there scared.

“Mercedes, come on. Let’s go look around okay.” Zacky said dragging me across the grass.

We walked around the campus.

Since it was only the spring semester a lot of students were running back and forth in place.

I couldn’t believe the air in this place. It was unbelievable.

“Mercy, we better get going.” Zacky said to me.

I really didn’t want to leave but I needed to check up with school.

[California]

We arrived back at home.

My friends and family all waiting to see if we’d come back in one piece.

I saw money being exchanged with the guys. I shook my head at that.

Guessing they’d all bet I’d killed Zacky during the trip?

I giggled to myself.

So wrong were they.

At first I did contemplate the idea but that swiftly went out the door.

I ran upstairs to my room, I saw my friends sitting on my bed.

“So, how did it go?” Adam said curiously.

“It went, perfectly.” I said looking at them.

“Zacky, didn’t once piss you off?” Haley said with interest.

“Not at all, this was sort of surprising if you ask me. He did so much for me on this trip.” I said in awe.

“Awe, my babies are finally getting along.” Mom said wiping tears from her face.

Zacky and I looked at each other and shook our heads.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments???

sorry i'm taking so long.

i'm really trying to find time, since i decided to take on a double major.