In the Shadows of My Brother

Chapter 13

April 3rd

The Big Letter

I got home from school after a long day. Everything’s been a blur.

School’s gotten a lot more complicated since the trip with Zacky. It was April finally, which meant only May and June left for school.

“Mercedes, could you come here please,” My mother said from the living room. I walked inside the living room and noticed everyone sitting there. Mom and Dad were sitting on the love seat with a bunch of letters on the coffee table. Matt and Zacky and Zina sat on the larger couch, and the members of Avenged Sevenfold and girlfriends stood around the room.

I noticed my best friends sitting on the floor near the coffee table.

“Honey, all of them sent you a letter here, Yale, Harvard, Princeton and more. You might want to pick up one to find out which chose you.” My dad said looking at the letters.

I slowly walked toward the letters present in front of me. All of them held my future in balance; I knew Yale wasn’t going to accept me. But I still needed to find out.

I grabbed the first one, Yale University.

“Dear Ms. Baker, we regret to inform you….” I said, I knew they were going to except me after all. I wasn’t so upset this time.

I picked up Harvard’s letter.

I opened it slowly; it felt like everything was in a blur still.
“Dear Ms. Baker, we are please to inform you that you’ve been accepted to Harvard University’s class 2013. “ I said that’s when about twenty people ran straight toward me.

“My baby sister is going to Harvard, we should freaking celebrate.” Matt said looking up at me.

“Dude, we have a smarty pants in our family, finally.” Zacky said looking at me.

I looked at everyone before me. At this moment I was truly happy to have these people in my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments. :D