In the Shadows of My Brother

Chapter 7

Current Music Mood – Prosthetics – Slipknot
I ran straight for the car. I could hear Haley and Adam and Brandon following closely behind.

I jumped right into the car with Haley in the front sit and the others in the back.

I started the car the moment they were buckled in.

“Mercedes, are you sure you’re in the position to drive?” Haley asked.

“Yes, why,” I stated.

“Because, we just heard you got denied by Yale, are you sure you’re alright?” She said timidly.

“I’m great, I’ve never been better!” I said slightly twitching.

“Mercy, you don’t sound fine. You sound really bothered,” Adam said.

“No, just thinking I’ve been fueling a fire that needs to die and be settled with.” I said trying to pay attention to my driving.

“Zacky?” They said to me.

”Yes,” I said softly.

I turned off PCH and headed straight down my street I was hoping for a miracle. That Zacky was going to be there at home with mom and dad.

I didn’t see Zacky’s car or any other cars in the driveway.

Which meant mom and dad weren’t home.

Fuck.

“I’ll be right back,” I said to the guys who were getting out of the car.

I walked inside the house. I only heard silence.

“Hello?” I said.

“Mercedes Lynn?” A voice said.

I turned around to see Zacky standing right before me.

“Shouldn’t you be at school?” He said looking rather crossed with me.

“Well….” I said before completely crumpling.

“Mercedes, what’s wrong?” He said looking concerned.

“Oh, Zacky! I’m so sorry! I’ve been so horrible to you!” I said sobbing like a baby.

“Mercedes, it isn’t your fault! I’ve been a terrible older brother to you! I would treat me the same if I was in your shoes!” He said sobbing with me.

“Really,” I said through a little laugh.

“Yes, wait wasn’t your Yale meeting today?” He said looking confused.

“Oh yes, but fuck that school. They didn’t want me after all. I’m horrible along with you being my brother,” I said looking at him.

“What? That doesn’t make any sense?” He said.

“Well, I’m perfect for there school. It’s just I have a ‘rock star’ for a brother. He’s convinced that you and I will ruin Yale’s perfect reputation. So he said I wasn’t worry. So I said ‘fuck you and your school’ and came over here to apologize to you.” I said.

He looked at me for a moment. I saw that brain of his working on something.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I said.

“Nothing, um, I’ll be right back okay.” He said to me.

“Okay.” I said.

I heard the front door close. He didn’t even say anything to me.

I felt kind of awkward standing there, he’s up to something I know it.

But the question is: What is it?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to update!

comments?