Just a Sprinkle of Madness...

The Norrington Catastrophe

I LIKE ORANGES! I OWN THE ORANGES!HA! And well Lexi and sadly Holly. But not Jack, I know! I wish I owned him too…

Oh my gosh, it's Jack!

Granted, he was just a bobbing head in the water, but Holly's eyes were definitely seeing Captain Jack Sparrow, in all his…. heroic… glory. Heroic only because the navy guards couldn't swim, but still. Holly was a great swimmer and put as much effort as possible to get to Jack. When she got closer, Jack appeared to be struggling, Elizabeth was underwater. Holly called to him 'Take off her dress! It's weighing you down!' Jack was startled but realized that she was right. Holly held Elizabeth above the water while Jack ripped her dress open. 'H-hey…" Holly started to struggle to keep her own head above water, but Jack couldn't hear her. In desperation, she kick out, trying to find Jack.

… She found him.

He came to the surface spluttering and very angry. 'What the bloody hell was that for!' he yelled. 'JUST. TAKE. HER.' Holly yelled back. If there was one thing Jack knew, it was to not mess with an angry woman. Or… girl. This female was half and half, probably about 17 years of age. He took Elizabeth from her and quickly swam towards the shore, trying to get away from the other.. Female.

Finally they got up on the dock, just as Norrington and his sheep reached them. But Jack hadn't cut Liz's corset yet! Without thinking, Holly jumped in front of them, putting herself in between them and Norrington. Holly went to draw her sword, but there was nothing there. Damn. She threw my arms out, as if to protect them, but the reality that she could face an entire Royal Navy on her own was ludicrous. She hastily addressed Norrington to distract him and amazingly he stopped in his tracks. 'Leave them be for a bit longer Commodore and you may just see your dearest Elizabeth alive again.'

Okay. So that wasn't the best way to word it.

Holly gestured vaguely towards Jack, who was bending over an unconscious Elizabeth. 'He can help her. Calls himself Smith. He's an… expert at this stuff.' She said, as she listened to Jack muttering. 'Don't worry, Commodore, she's in good hands.'

'Who are you? How do you know me?'

Shit…

'Oh, Commodore! How could I not know who you are? Your reputation spans far and wide! Congratulations on the promotion, by the way!'

'I don't recognize your accent. Where are you from?'

'I'm from… The sea. My home is the sea.' Nice. Homeless sailor, that's me!

Their pleasantries were interrupted by violent coughing, signaling that Elizabeth was now breathing again. They both looked back to see Mullroy gingerly holding Elizabeth's corset, now ripped in half. Jack was giving Elizabeth a very strange look. Three guesses what that was about.

'Wow, I hadn't really pinned you as that sort of guy…' Holly teased the guard, whose cheeks went bright red and he quickly threw it away and wiped his handily nervously on his coat. The livid look Norrington was giving him was highly entertaining. Steam coming out of his ears would've fit quite nicely. He wielded his sword, charging forward, pushing Holly to the side. 'Excuse you!' She said, steadying myself. Norrington wasn't listening, he pointed his sword at Jack, who was still crouching over Elizabeth. 'On your feet!'

'Elizabeth! Oh, Elizabeth are you alright?' Daddy came rushing, more waddling, through the crowd, desperately seeking his daughter. Elizabeth spotted him and rushed into the coat he was holding out, embarrassed to be in so few clothes in front of so many men. Meanwhile, Jack and Norrington were bantering. Norrington was mocking Jack and Jack was doing his best to keep his dignity. As if he could ever loose it.

Norrington was holding out his hand. Holly realized what was happening and yelled 'No, Ja- Mr Smith, DON'T!'

Too late. Jack's brand was unveiled and all pleasantries were lost. All attention was on Jack, guns aimed at his heart. Oh, and one on Holly. Norrington's. 'What the hell, Norrington! What have I done? I'm innocent!'

'So, you're telling me that just as the most infamous pirate ever washes up on our shores, you just HAPPEN to turn up, to be found with him trying to….' Norrington made a disgusted face, probably thinking of all the things Jack could have done to his precious to-be fiance. 'Get two pairs of irons! They both have a very important appointment at dawn that they can't afford to miss!'

Holly rolled her eyes. 'Seriously. Don't you ever get sick of using that line? It's so cliche. I'm pretty sure it's been around since Treasure Island. I mean, come on, get some new material!'

There was a stunned silence.

'Now's good, Jack….' She muttered, looking at the advancing Navy.

Behind her, there was a commotion. Jack had trapped Elizabeth within his cuffs, using her as a human shield. The crowd instantly became unsettled now that Elizabeth was once again in danger. 'No don't shoot!' Daddy cried. 'I knew you'd warm up to me.' Jack said. 'Commodore Norrington, my effects please. And me hat!'

Norrington reluctantly handed them over. As Jack spun Elizabeth around, Holly couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Even though Jack hadn't done more than give her a second glance, she still felt as if they had something. Or they were going to have something. That's normally how these things go, right? …. Right?

As Jack planned his surprise exit, Holly planned a surprise of her own.

'…Gentlemen, m'lady, you will always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!' Jack grabbed the rope and he was off. Holly took this as her opportunity and did a run up. She put my arms over Norrington's head, jumping on his back and putting her hand over his mouth so that he couldn't command Open Fire. Heh. Bet he wasn't expecting that.

She whispered harshly in his ear. 'Captain Jack Sparrow is one of the greatest pirates of this century. All of the greatest pirates are to be free. You can't really expect to keep him tied up, can you?'

While she was saying this, the Commodore was busy choking, eyes bulging. Finished with her speech, something came to Holly's attention. 'Why do you wear this wig anyway? It just makes you look like you have an ice-cream on your head. I might call you that from now on… Regardless, you look so much better without it, you know. Much more… Adventurous.' She grabbed the wig and threw it somewhere behind her. Norrington roared in pain, apparently she had grabbed some hair as well. Oops.

'Get-off-me-!' Norrington tried to throw her off, but couldn't because it choked him. He leant forward, trying in vain. He spun around when he stood up, losing his balance. The men watched, dumbfounded, for if they were to ever point a weapon at their superior they would immediately be sacked.

That's when Holly realized how close to the edge we were. 'Norrington… Norry- No! DON'T YOU DARE! FUUUUUUU-'

*SPLASH*

'You Bitch!' She yelled when she surfaced. 'Who knew you were so damn clumsy!'

Norrington didn't know what to say. He looked livid, though. Heh. This was fun...

'ARREST HER!' Was what she heard before she started swimming frantically towards shore. Holly felt Norrington grab her ankle and kicked as hard as she could. She felt her foot hit something, but she didn't stop to find out what. She heard Norrington spluttering, men yelling. No one was even thinking about the girl who had just escaped. Except the incapable Norrington, of course.

She was free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reader TO DO list.

1. Review 10000000 times

2. Set sail from Tortuga with a crew of parrots

3. Eat Turnips while mocking William Turner about the similarity between him and the dreaded vegetable.

4. Attempt to out pansy Turner in a sword fight

5. "Borrow" Jack's hat without permission

6. Re paint the black pearl, hot pink

7. Review some more…

8. ANNNNNDDDD….Wait patiently while I think of more things to write on this exceptional TO DO list.