The Reason Why

Kidnap My Heart

It had been a week since Jonathan and Patrick walked into the shop. I hoped that I'd see them again, mainly Jonathan but lately my mind pushed the thought aside. Still, I couldn't help but think back to him.

It was now the day before Halloween, one of the holidays that I loved. There was a Blackhawks home game too, which made things even more crowded and busy but I liked it.

Currently, I was finding a costume to wear into work just to make things fun and less boring for myself. I was just walking through the rows of costumes when I felt like I was being watched. I stopped then looked up but no one was there. Shaking my head, I went back to finding the perfect costume. I loved the BBC version of Robin Hood, so I finally found something that reminded me or Marian that wasn't a dress. Plus I loved Lucy Griffiths, she wasn't super skinny like everyone had been lately and it fit me perfectly.

Finding my costume, I finally headed into the shop again to find that it was super busy. I got to work in the kitchen, while my staff up front took orders. I don't know how long I was in the back, but I heard my name being called which brought my attention back up to everyone else.

Looking up, I seen Jonathan standing there, my heart raced but it brought a smile to my face.

"He wants to talk to you," Julie whispered as I quickly stood up to head out to talk to him.

"Hey," I smiled at him, "I haven't seen you around in a while."

"I know," He reached into his pocket, "I'm here to invite you to a party tomorrow night."

I took the invitation to read it over, "It's a costume party?"

"Yeah, Brent decided to throw one," He shrugged, "I was kinda hoping you'd be my date."

"I'd love but-" I started looking at him.

"Don't worry about your costume, it'll be fine."

"Ok," I smiled.

"Great, I'll see you there, don't be late."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt while I approached the door. My shoes clicked against the crowd, while the cold wind blew through me. I could hear the music playing throughout the house then rung the bell.

It took a while but someone finally answered with a smile on their face.

"You must be Alex," He let me in, "Jonathan was wondering if you were coming."

"I was," I smirked back at him, "Is he here?"

"Yeah somewhere," He nodded, "I'll let him know you're here."

I stood in the middle of the room, feeling awkward since I barely knew anyone. That was until I heard his voice behind me.

"Alex."

I turned to see him, dressed like Robin Hood as my eyes traveled down him then back up to him.

"I thought I was being watched in the costume shop," I smirked at him.

"Let's go talk outside," He reached out his hand for me which I took and he lead me outside to the deck.

We sat on the deck, talking for hours on end about everything. I found it easier to open up to him about everything. From first boyfriends, stupid memories, embarassing moments, everything. We lost track of time, since all we did was talk under the night sky.

"You were right," Jonathan smiled.

"Huh?"

"The strawberries were amazing," He smirked.

"Oh my god, you actually bought them?" I questioned feeling a bit embarassed.

"Yeah, you have a great talent," He smiled back at me.

"Thanks," I mumbled as he moved closer to me.

"I mean it," He reached out for my hand lightly, "Don't let anyone tell you different."

"Thanks."

Under the night sky, Jonathan's lips connected to mine in sweet soft kiss. It was the perfect ending to a perfect night.