The Reason Why

Smile

Time flew by since that Halloween night.

Since then, Jonathan and I had been joined at the hip for the most part. We fought a lot but we stayed together. It wasn't like I ever hated him after a fight in the first place.

It was now a week after the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup and Jonathan was a press tour whirlwind thing. I hadn't seen him since then but I had work to keep me busy. Like right now, I was working on some person's wedding thing which was stressful and boring.

The bride was a total bridezilla but the wedding planner was cool since she was a bitch to her too. But still, the stressful part of everything was everywhere when the bride changed her mind about everything.

I was currently sitting in the back, well standing just listening to the wedding planner talk about where things were going, half in my own daze wishing I was out of there. That's when I felt arms wrap around my waist and carry me a few feet.

I knew exactly who it was since he was the only one who would ever pick me up like that. I let my smile grew and a giggle escape my lips when he finally sat me down on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned turning to face him.

"I came to kidnap you," He smiled at me.

"But I've got work to do and-"

"I talked to the wedding planner, she's got everythign covered," He smiled, "You're coming with me."

"Jonathan, wait," I started but he threw me over his shoulder to head towards the street.

He took my hand to walk down the street with me. It was one of the things that I loved about him, he always had that second nature to know when I was bored or stressed about something. We were walking hand in hand in silence when a smile crept up on my face.

"What?" He looked down at me.

"It's funny," I smiled at him.

"What?"

"Did you ever think we'd end up here, like we are, after talking about how much we hate Valentine-like holidays and chocolate covered strawberries?"

"Not in a million years," He smiled down at me.

"I'm glad though," I smiled at him.

"I never thought I'd fall in love, with someone like you either."

"When did you realize you fell for me?" He questioned.

"I think Thanksgiving when my parents came back in and told me they were taking the shop back over. You stood by my side and defended me, even with all the shit that happened," I smiled at him, "You stayed with me, through all the tears, the swearing, everything."

"I'm glad it turned out for the best."

"Would you still love me if it didn't?"

"Of course," He kissed my forehead.

"What about you? When'd you realize you fell in love with me?"

"It'll sound cliche but that Halloween party when you were Marian," He blushed slightly, "I seen you standing there and my heart raced. Then talking with you under the stars, I realized that this was the person I wanted to spend so much of my life with."

"Wow," I was speechless, "Really?"

"Yeah," He smiled, "I'm glad I went with Patrick that day."

"Me too."

"Can I ask you something?" He questioned while he we stopped next to a building.

"Sure," I nodded.

"Well, I was wondering," He dug in his pocket, making my heart raced, "Will you move in with me?"

He held the key in front of my face which my smile grew, "I thought you were going to ask me to marry you?" I smirked to which I took the key, "But yes I will."

"Move in with me or marry me?" He questioned.

"I said yes didn't I?" I smirked putting his key in my pocket.

"Alex," Jonathan walked with me as I started to walk.

"What?" I stopped to look at him.

"Are you saying you'll marry me?"

"Depends," I shrugged, "Are you asking me?"

"I don't have a ring," He looked at me.

"You should know that doesn't matter," I smiled at him.

"Alex," He took my hand with his, "will you marry me?"

"Yes," I smiled at him.

"Yes?"

"Yes," I smiled to feel his lips crash against mine, "But promise me one thing."

"What?"

"We wait a while to tie the knot."

"Of course," He smiled lacing his fingers with mine, "Let's head home."

"Why?"

"Because there's a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries that I plan on making good use," He smirked pulling me with him.