Status: Active; Side-Project

Selene’s Moon

Preface

The young girl had been born the night of a very special moon. She stared out of her bedroom window, looking up at the pale, silvery moon with a genuine curiosity. She wasn’t sure why, but the moon had always intrigued her. She never understood why she’d stay up all night, just staring at the moon.

Her mother had come in many times, hours ago, telling the young girl to go to bed, because she had school tomorrow. But she didn’t feel tired, couldn’t bring herself to sleep with the beautiful full moon lighting up her small bedroom in its pure silvery light.

Everyone teased her for staying up so late, for knowing so much about that tiny pale thing. She couldn’t tell the time or date yet. But she could tell everyone what phase of the moon it would be. Including the color, too. They’d joke around, calling her, “night bat,” “vampire rat,” or just the simple, “freak” and “weirdo.”

As the morning dawn began making the darkened sky pale, the little girl finally found peace, and was very soon fast asleep. The moon, however, had been keeping a watchful eye. The moon goddess smiled at the young girl, with black hair she was using as a pillow for the moment, silvery-grey eyes that mimicked the moon’s glow, and fair skin as pale as it. The goddess knew this little girl was destined for very great things.