Running Water and Blood

Julius XIII

I woke up one night to feel a deadly cold prescence on my skin. I couldn't figure out what it was until i remembered, my father had put a completely soulless demon in me. I wasn't the only one though. My brothers had been put through the same thing at my age. Except my twin. He actually fought his demon before my father had a chance to put it in him, and banished it back to the depths of Hell. Caesar, my twin, was one hell of a great sorcerer, but he could only do so much against my dad. Our dad is one of the big guys. He ranks as an archdevil, and has been respected as so. That is, until my brother rejected his demon.

My father allowed me to see him push a demon into another of my brothers when i was young. First, he had to call it using its true and almost unknown name. Then, he molded it into the shape of he body that it was to possess. This being one of my brothers, even though he was a pompous ass, scared the living crap out of me. He didn't know what was going on and tried to resist. His soul was torn to shreds by the demon, and then, so was his body. My father said that he knew my brother was too weak to hold that particular demon, and that one day, it would be mine. I was always apprehensive of the day that i would get him after that.

As the years passed, I looked at my father as more of a demon than a true father. He proved it to me one night by using his Power against me to kill my brothers and I for being late to attend a sacrifice. He knew that I was the strongest of the group and that I would probably be spearheading the attack in argument. As he confronted us, he saw that I was in the back not paying attention to him. At that, he unleashed a poison gas that would disintigrate any living flesh that touched it. He calls it "Death's Fetish". I knew what was coming and had no choice but to protect my brothers from it. I conjured a giant gust of wind and made it go back in his face.

That night, I was asked to his chambers. He asked me if I was ready to recieve my demon.

"This demon has many of the same skills as you, and yet he does not wish to be with anyone of different skill," he explained to me. "Your specialty in tracking and air spells will be greatly enhanced by this demon."

"I am ready, father," I replied. "My gut tells me that I am not and will never be truly ready, but i will take it now."

He bowed his head and said that he respected my wishes. He had to Say the name thrice before the demon would reply and come to him to be introduced to me. My father then shaped him to my body and pushed him with a bit of will toward my body. As the demon came into my body, I had to endure the searing cold and biting heat that was the depths of Hell.

"Gahnal," is what I heard in my head. "Gahnal is my name."

I felt the gentle pressure of someone else invading my mind and tried not to put up my defenses that would keep an ouside force from intruding in my mind. I closed my eyes and saw the world as it had been at one point. Dense jungle, giant reptiles, and even small rats looked even more vivid than anything i had ever seen before.

"That was the world when I came into existence," Gahnal said. "The world was almost perfect but for the hierarchy."
♠ ♠ ♠
There is more to go in the first chapter and I wish that i could think of it right now. But sadly, i cannot.