Running Water and Blood

Gahnals Wish

That first night, we talked for hours on end. We had no limit of information for the other. Gahnal may have seen what had happened over the millenia, but he did not yet understand why. As we spoke, he kept whispering little things that caused my mind to wander and flow. I asked him what he was saying and he said, "they are but whispers of winds i have heard." I asked if he could teach me to listen to the winds like that and he responded in the negative.

"All you need to do is ask for the winds name, Julius" he said, "every wind has its own name."

I started to recall the things i had heard in the winds when i truly listened and started saying them. Gahnal protested that I not do that because he was being buffeted by the winds i had remembered. Mine own eyes were watering with, what was essentially, the magic of the wind. He said that one day he would take me to the best place to gather wind names that he knew of.

I woke up the next afternoon to the sounds of screams and whimpers. Turns out, my father had found out about my brothers plans to try to overthrow him and had sought out an earlier attack. I remembered that I had actually put my brothers up to it, so i wondered why i was still normal. Then i realized, my brothers had protected me. The felt the same way that my father did. I was the most powerful of any of the family. I was the one who could overthrow my father. But, not just yet. I needed to train more, and get familiar with the way that Gahnal worked. We had a silent conversation and decided to leave the place that i called home. We found out where my mothers mortal daughter lived, and decided to go there. She lived in a place called Atlanta.

As we walked the streets of Atlanta, we noticed all manner of interesting sights. But, we never knew what my mothers daughters name was... Just a description from her favorite of guardians. I asked some people if they had seen anyone of that description, and mostly got odd looks asking why i wanted to know. The description given, about five foot nine, one hundred and thirty pounds. Dark hair and pale skin with a hint of the Mediterranean olive. Strangely enough, we found people of that description all over. Just not the person we wanted, nor that we would prefer to associate with. Deflated, we took a break from looking for her and just walked for a while. My stomach was growling by this time and i decided that if I was to continue, I needed food. Gahnal agreed heartily and told me a demon secret, they remained hungry while the host was hungry. A mental hunger, in other words.

As we stepped into my chosen restaurant, we spotted another of our given description. But, this time, she looked at me with knowing eyes. Her eyes were so deep and dark that i stood there like an idiot for a few minutes getting my balance back.

"I know who you are and why you're here," she said, "go to the hotel down the street and ask for the thirteenth room on the thirteenth floor. They know what to do."
♠ ♠ ♠
finally starting to work on this again. i may be working on it from time to time, may not. depends... poems will be coming out more frequently than they have recently.