Status: On hiatus do to my lazy ass ^-^'' When my other half comes over, we'll be back on track(:

Minutes to Midnight.

Changes.

I fell into blackness through all the arguing and fighting, thinking, would this have happened if things were different back then...? What if...just what if...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Renee! Time to get up!" Sasuke called at my door.

My eyes flittered open and I sat up, rubbing them, and getting eyeliner on my hands. "I'm up! Be down in a few minutes!" I called back.

I heard him walking away and went over to my closet and grabbed today's outfit, smiling. I looked at myself in the mirror, satisfied when my hair was brushed and eyeliner applied.

I walked into the hall, closing my door behind me, and slid down the rail into the living room.

"Good morning, Renee!" Deidara greeted me.

"Morning, Deidara!" I replied.

"Mia called, she still wishes you went to that school in England. And she misses you."

"I'll call her back later. I would have gone, but it's better here." I smiled.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a muffin, and went into the library where Sasuke was, sitting on one of the chairs.

"So, what are you gonna do when Naruto comes after you again?" I asked him, taking a bite of my muffin.

Sasuke snickered. We both knew damn well that Naruto was not planning on giving up bringing Sasuke home - even if it meant binding him, gagging him, throwing him in a sack, clubbing him over the head, and dragging his ass home.

"He's going to have to learn to give up at some point." He said, flipping through a book.

"And what if he doesn't? Like, what if he kidnaps me to get to you?" We both knew that could never happen - I was a mini version of Sasuke, I would kick his ass in seconds.

Sasuke gave me a weird look and I rolled my eyes. "I'm being hypothetical here. Let's say the moron managed it. What would you do?"

"Knowing Sasuke," Itachi said in the doorway, "he'd hunt him down and beat him senseless if now kill him just to rescue his little sister."

Sasuke glared at Itachi and went back to his book. That meant 'yes'.

"Tch, awh, my hero!" I teased him.

He looked up from his book and threw it at me, just barely missing. "Hey! It's not nice to throw things at cute little girls!" I said.

London, England - Hogwarts
Mia's POV.

"I wish Renee would be a rebel sometimes." I sighed. "If she didn't listen to Sasuke all the time, she could be here with us right now!"

"We both know how she feels about him. They're her family - her only family - and she loves them. You at least get to see her on vacations sometimes." Draco said.

"I know, but still! It's not the same without her here. We grew up together, she was the top of her class with Sasuke and kicks all ass."

"What happened when Sasuke left?"

I sighed again. "She got all depressed for a while. And since she was living with Itachi and the Akatsuki, I thought it'd be a perfect time for her to come here. But then Sasuke came back for her and yeah. Here we are now. Next month is her fourteenth birthday and we don't even get to see her!"

"At least Uchiha likes you." Draco sneered.

"There has to be some reason why he doesn't like you." I replied.

"Yeah, there is. And you won't bloody believe it."

I stopped and stood in front of him. "What is it?!"

"She's not their real sister. I did some snooping in my parents' library over the summer and found some info in my aunt's stuff. She's her legal guardian if she ever came here and she's a witch because of her real family."

"Seriously?!" I exclaimed. He nodded. "That's it than."

"What?"

"We're ditching and digging up some stuff in the library. Come on, blondie!" I grabbed his wrist and ran to the library.

Some place near the Leaf Village - Renee's home with her brothers
Renee's POV.

I laid upside-down on my bed, throwing kunais at my dartboard. Ugh, Sasuke get home! I'm bored! I thought.

"Renee! Phone!" Sasori called up to me.

"Coming!" I called back, going downstairs and taking the phone. "Hello?"

"NeeNee! Thank God you're home!" It was Mia.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I'm just waiting for Sasuke to get back. He said he'd train with me when he got home. What's up?"

"Sasuke and Itachi aren't your real brothers!"

"What the hell are you talking about? I think I'd know my own brothers." I told her.

"They're not though! Draco and I--"

"Why do you still hang out with him?"

Mia groaned. "This is not the time for that! Just listen! You're not who you think you are - you're Nikita Bourdain and Sirius Black's daughter! That's why you're a witch!"

I laughed. "Mia, you know damn well I gave up on being a witch to be a ninja."

"Yeah, because Sasuke came back for you and told you to be so he could cover up who you are!"

"Well I don't care. I'm happy the way things are. I like being Renee Mika Uchiha. I like having idiot brothers and living with people who do stupid things that make me smile. I love my brothers, MiMi."

"THEY AREN'T YOUR BROTHERS!!!"

"To me, they are. And they always will be." I said, hanging up.

How could I not be Renee Mika Uchiha? I mean, I look exactly like them and even have the Sharingan for corn's sake! And I don't care what anyone tells me, Sasuke's my big bro and I'd do anything for him...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what life would be like if Isabelle back as Renee actually listened to Sasuke(:
Like or dislike this life?
More to come on her 'What if...' life before she awakes(:
Comment(: