Hot Sauce

Welcome to San Diego

“Sophie, Sophie, Sophie!” my dad and Lex spoke in Unison, “ you totally zoned out babe,” Lexy said, “we need to go pick up our luggage.”

As we’re walking to the luggage pick up, a large group of people, in black huddled together are walking in front of Lex, my father, and I. Some famous person must have just arrived. It’s so funny to me that celebrities have to pay people to be their friends; moreover, if you have to pay someone to be your friend, then they weren’t every really your friend in the first place were they, right? Good, that’s what I thought.

Lex and I reached the luggage carousel and laughed as we attempted to lift our only real luggage off the carousel. We didn’t bring much of anything…the only stuff inside our Goyard (Goyard is more exclusive than Louis Vuitton) trunk is our extensive shoe collection. When I say our Shoe collection, I’m talking Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Donald J. Pliner, Michael Kors, and of course Yves Saint Laurent. Candidly speaking, Lexy and I could care less about our dirty old Uggs, and beat up Vans back home.

With the assistance of my father, we finally got that suitcase from Hell off of the luggage carousel, and made our way out to the airport parking lot where the car rental service operates. As soon as we got to the car pick-up, we were greeted by a rental service representative. We were asked to sign some forms and then we were given keys. Apparently my father rented a car for Lex and I and one specifically for himself.

“Listen closely girls,” my father began, “Here’s the address of the hotel we are staying at. We have two rooms reserved and they are under my name. Here are your credit cards, you have to buy about three weeks worth of clothing because your stuff won’t arrive for at least that long. The car has navigation, so all you girls have to do is decide where to shop. I want you both to meet me at the hotel at seven o’clock. Have fun, I’ll meet you later.”

As soon as the sentence was done, he was gone, Lexy and I were just left standing in the airport parking lot. I knew we all moved to Carlsbad because of my dad’s job, I guess I just figured that my father would let the jet lag wear off before he decided to go back to work. I know I must have been standing there for sometime, looking utterly dumbfounded not really focusing in on anything, I know this because sometime while I was standing there Lex came up and frantically waved her hand in front of me.

“Sophie, what are you waiting for? Let’s hit the road jack.”

“Sorry,” I piped up, “I just feel discombobulated.”

“It’s all good,” Lex stated, “I’ll drive.” So I gave her the keys, without even thinking about it twice, by the way, Lexy is a freaking psycho when she drives. I hope I don’t die I thought as I tightly fastened my seat belt. Lexy drove us to this cool little Chinese restaurant, named Chef P’s, she ordered our food while I chose our table, I was too disoriented to be given a task a daunting as ordering food.

“Hey Sophie,” Lex began “I got our food to go, we’re number nine.”

She walked into the bathroom. Ever notice how some girls, scratch that, most girls hate public restrooms. Lex and I, we’re kinda like guys in that sense, it’s never bothered either one of us to use public restrooms. I suppose you could say that we’re super flexible in various situations.

“ nine,” said a petite Asian lady from behind the counter. “number nine, number nine,” okay, I said that the Asian lady spoke number nine right? I lied it, she was screaming it. Honestly, I didn’t care that the small Asian lady was about to have a heart attack. I was just too tired and too jet lagged to run up to the counter for my food. That’s when these two guys accompanied by a girl find it an opportune moment to walk fast all huddled together past me. I swear to you, they came out of nowhere. Suddenly, as they passed I found myself getting reacquainted with that dizzy disoriented feeling again, I seriously felt like a small child being engulfed by a twenty foot wave. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a red blob. A silly red blob.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shaun will be in the next one...sorry guys.