Can We Dim the Sun and Wonder Where We've Been?

"I-Im not... Im not from around here..."

...Now, I start my new life, a runaway. I felt a cold, rough hand rap around my arm, and I spun. My Adidas slid along the sidewalk, and I screamed. "LET GO!" I cried, punching at the strange boy who was encasing me in his thin, pasty limbs.

"SHH!" He hissed, covering my mouth. "Do you want to get fucking shot?!" I shook my head, following the boy behind a small brick wall. No one in these parts DARED pretend to know someone with a gun was there. Theyd die themselves.

"Th-thanks..." I mumbled, pulling my backpack off and giving him a cookie. "While we're here." I smiled, shrugging and eating a cookie myself.

"Thanks..." He set it in his pocket. "You know, you cant be fucking around like that. Im not..." He was about to say the thing that could get him killed! "Im not from around here."

"SHH!" I hissed back. "NEVER say that here! Even if its true!" I heard a gunshot and I stuck tight against the wall.

"I know... Im Frank." He grabbed my hand and shook it quickly, before being pulled away from my grasp roughly.

"FRANK IERO, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ABOUT?!" The woman hissed, hitting the boy instantly.

"Im sorry mama I got scared because I saw the man with the gun--"

"Dont be stupid thats them Way boy's father! Now get in the van, Nikki wants to get home." My eyes settle on the boy as he looks back at me.

"Ma'am, I dont know any Ways'..." I mumbled. "I have no home..."

"Oh," The lady said, looking at me slowly. "We'll bring you to the adoption house--"

"No, ma'am, Im not going to an adoption center. I need a permanent home as soon as possible. Not an adoption home--"

"I get it." She sighed. "Come stay with us... I hope you dont mind that you and Frank are sharing the basement bedroom and everything else."

"No, its fine." I smiled alittle, climbing into her car weakyly...