I'm Never Okay

Misfits

Hayley stiffened in shock as a wolf burst out. Her hand instinctively grabbed the nearest thing, which happened to be Frank's hand.

"Oh, shit," she said under her breath, smiling at Frank and retracting her hand. "Sorry," she said to him.

"No, it's alright," he said, holding her hand again and holding his breath. Please don't let go, he thought. He felt her relax and he calmed down too.

Her wristband was a bit loose and it went down past her wrist, but Hayley didn't notice. She was too fixated on the screen. Her hand tightened over Frank's and her wrist brushed his skin. Frank frowned. The skin wasn't smooth, it was rough and all cut up...he saw it. Countless slashes were sliced across her skin, newer ones on top of older slashes that had scabbed.

Hayley saw him looking. "Hayley," he began. Then she bolted.

----------

"Hayles!" he yelled, sprinting after her. "Hayley!"

He could hear her sobbing now, running past the ticket box and out the doors into the crisp air. He accelerated and grabbed her arm.

"Leave me alone!" she said, trying to shake him off.

"Hayley," he said, digging in his heels and refusing to let her go any further. "Sit down."

The fire in his eyes told her to obey. She slowly sank to the ground, joined by Frank.

"Now, tell me everything," he commanded, staring into her eyes. "Tell me, and I'll understand."

"Fine. I'm a misfit. Everything else is perfect, I'm just spoiling everyone's view. I'm fat, and I'm not pretty and I can't dance, or cheerlead, or do aerobics. I liked this one guy for over a year, and he told me the only time someone would ever go out with me would be out of pity or as a joke. My mom is always pressuring me, and my stepfather only married my mom for the money. Alright? That's my sad, movie of the month, story," she said in a mocking tone. "Now leave me alone."

Frank exhaled. "Hayles, that guy was wrong. You're gorgeous and talented and you are absolutely perfect the way you are. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. And tell me who you like, and I'll try and help you with him." He could hardly believe he was offering to aid the enemy, that is, the person she liked.

She shook her head. "He doesn't like me," she said positively.

"How do you know?" Frank asked.

"Because I talk to him a lot. I know he doesn't like me. I just really need to tell him, or I think I'll die."

"Wait...is it...Gerard?" She shook her head. "Not Mikey?" She shook her head again. "Who is it then?"

"Frank...I can't tell you," she said with an agonised expression. "I can't."

"I solemnly swear I will never breathe a word of this entire conversation, to anyone, ever. Alright?"

"You have to promise not to tell anyone else, okay?" she said.

Frank's heart sank. It was Blonde Guy. It was still Blonde Guy. "Alright," he said, bracing himself.

"It's you, Frank. I really like you."
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG she admitted it!
and i know i said i wasn't going to write any more. but this was already written when i decided. so enjoy =]