I'm Never Okay

Life, death and detention.

"Sorry Hayley," Frank said contritely, giving the table another polish. Their vice-principal had sprung them in the school hallway, and with a choice between one after school detention or three lunchtime detentions, Hayley had opted for the lunchtimes, so her mom wouldn't find out.

As it was her first week, Mr Barker didn't call Hayley's parents, but Frank's parents had been contacted and told the 'very disappointing' news.

"No it doesn't matter," Hayley replied. "But you could have just taken the after school one. You didn't have to stay in to keep me company."

"Yeah...well lunchtimes aren't exactly my favourite time, as you might have realised last week...so I don't mind at all."

"Mmm, I don't..." Hayley drifted off.

"Hayley? What are you looking at?" Frank looked in the direction she was. Umm...blonde guy. Hot, tall, blonde guy. Oh...

"Uh, Hayley?" he tugged on her sleeve, trying to get her away. Too late.

"Hey, what are you guys here for?" Blonde Guy asked, walking over to them.

Hayley didn't speak for a few seconds. "Me and Frank-"

"We wagged school together," Frank said defiantly. He hated this guy's guts and he didn't even know his name.

"Ahh, together? You guys are a couple?" He smiled, shaping his hands into a virtual photo frame and looking at them together.

"Oh no, we're not a couple," Hayley said immediately. "We're just friends."

Frank's heart sank. Hayley was...in love with a hot, blonde guy. Add the fact Blonde Guy was about four inches taller than him...nope. Screwed.

Frank turned around and started scrubbing a table ferociously. He concentrated on blocking out the conversation and laughter of Hayley and the unknown boy, who he started to call 'Blonde Guy' in his mind.

Leave her alone, he thought viciously, trying to clean a rather large ink stain off the table.

"Sorry?" Blonde Guy turned around, looking mildly interested.

"You two gonna do any work?" Frank said irritably. It wasn't in his nature, but he couldn't help feeling jealous. Wasn't Hayley his friend?

"Oh sorry man, we just got caught up," Blonde Guy said amiably. "Back to the drudgery," he said to Hayley, who laughed.

Frank sighed. This is gonna be a long, long lunchtime...
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Frank. Rejected =[
Oh and um, I have a Frerard called Job Application, but it's basically a sex story. So check it out if you like that sort of thing...yes.

Thankyou for your prettiful comments. If anyone has any good ideas please comment? I need as many as I can get <3