Status: Slow Active

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am

Rain, Rain Go Away

An hour into their hour and forty minute drive to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania it started to rain. It started off with a gentle mist then turned almost violent. Their driver had to slow down a good 30mph to even see.

"Rain, rain go away, come again another day."

"Dunn shut the fuck up," Bam growled finally after even he'd had enough.

They'd been subjected to Dunn's singing since it started raining an hour earlier, and during that time they'd also come to realize that the RV leaked. Ferin and Tash had been sitting on the bed when the water droplets started seeping through the roof around the vent.

"Would it have killed you to pay a hundred bucks a day to rent a new RV?" Tash asked as she crawled off the bed. Ferin was right behind her and followed her to the so called table where Johnny, Dunn, Bam, and Raab were seated. She ran her fingers through her hair and hoped up on the counter by the sink. It creaked loudly under her weight and for a moment she feared it would break so she remained motionless.

Raab sighed. "I'm so sick of the rain dude."

"Rain, rain go away...." Dunn began singing again just because he knew it'd piss everyone off.

Johnny nailed Dunn with his hand and he fell to the floor with a loud groan. It wasn't until he rolled onto his back, his hands cupped over his crotch that Ferin realized where exactly Knoxville had hit him.

"When are we going to be in Harrisburg?" Raab sighed.

This was the first time Ferin and Tash had actually seen the boys so depressed that they couldn't even come up with anything to keep them occupied.

Bam shrugged and searched for the walkie talkie, when he found it he clicked the button. "Ape are we there yet?"

They waited for an answer but it never came. Suddenly the RV lurched forward and slowed down. Ferin slid off the counter and nearly landed on the floor but Bam caught her before she hit the ground. "Shit!" was all they heard from the front of the RV where their unhappy driver was clearly experiencing some difficulties. The back end of the RV felt alot lower and the whole thing wobbled back and forth, and no one breathed a sigh of relief until the RV rolled to a stop on the side of the road.

"What happened?" the panicked look on Raab's face was slowly disappearing.

"I think we have a flat tire," the driver said as he got out of his seat and headed outside into the pouring rain to check.

"Felt like two tires," Ferin muttered as the boys followed the driver outside.

"Couldn't come at a better time," Tash groaned sarcastically as she plopped down onto the seat.

A few moments later all the guys climbed back into the RV, shaking themselves off sending water droplets flying everywhere.

Ferin held up her hands to keep the water from hitting her. "So is he changing it?"

"Two of them," Bam corrected her as he blushed. "And the dude doesn't know how."

Ferin's eyes widened. "You're serious?"

Raab nodded. Tash turned to Ferin. "What are we gonna do?"

Rubbing her eyes she sighed. "Fuck, fine, I'll change them."

Bam looked amazed. "You know how to change a tire?"

Ferin shook her head and fingered him. She pulled the hood of her hoody over her head and headed outside. They weren't lying when they said it was two tires. They were lucky they'd been going relatively slow or they could have tipped.

"You know how to change a tire?" the driver asked her.

Ferin nodded. "Yeah, where is the jack and wheel wrench?"

The bus driver looked confused. "The what?"

She was becoming frustrated. "You know...a jack...so we can lift the RV up a little bit, so we can get the tire off with the wheel wrench."

"Yeah I don't think we have any of those."

"Fuckin celebrities," she muttered. Anybody else has to learn to maintain their own vehicles. Situations like these rarely cross their minds because someone else will handle it. Now there were stuck on the side of the highway, in the pouring rain, with a leaking RV and the other RV was now a good fifteen minutes ahead of them, and they seemed to have shut their walkie talkie off.

She pulled the door shut tightly behind her as she stepped back into the RV, but it didn't do too much, it still wiggled in the frame.

"So?" Dunn grinned. "Did you have fun?"

Then it hit her, Dunn worked in a mechanic's shop, he knew how to change a tire.

"How come you made me go out there to change it?"

Dunn smiled and pulled his damp cigarettes from his pocket. "I didn't wanna stand there out in the freezing rain and change them, that's work."

She glared at him and Bam suddenly stepped in front her as if to block her path to Dunn and he hugged her. It was completely unexpected and it seemed to be a more friendly hug than normal. He never let go anytime soon, like he was waiting for her to finally give in. And she did, slowly slipping her arms under his and around his waist.

"So are we stuck here?" he looked down at her.

She nodded. "Yeah pretty much, we don't have a jack or wrench, so we can't change the tire. Did you guys try calling Phil and Ape's cells?"

Bam shook his head. "I was thinking more along the lines of Glomb,"

She raised an eyebrow as she looked up at him. "You're going to make Tim drive an hour to help us fix the tires?"

Bam nodded. "Yeah then he can come with us."

Ahhh there was a method to his madness. She'd forgotten about Tim. They should have invited him to begin with.

"Dunn call Glomb," Bam instructed without ever letting go of Ferin. "Tell him where we are and what to bring, and don't fuck it up."

"Sheeesh," Dunn rolled his eyes as he pulled out his cell and did what he was told.

"You cold?"

"Yeah a little, but I'm not going to change because when Glomb gets here he'll need help."

"Hey where did our driver go?" Tash was back on the bed looking out the back window, their driver was no where to be seen.

Afraid he may have gotten ran over or something Ferin and Tash hurried back outside to look for him. He was simply standing near the front of the truck hiding under the slight overhang of the RV over the cab talking on his cell.

"I'm leaving," he stated firmly when he hung up.

"You're leaving?" Tash repeated unsure of what he meant exactly.

"Yeah, I have a guy coming to pick me up." He kicked the front tire of the RV. "These things are pieces of shit, death traps. I'm not going to drive this thing all the way to Illinois," he was shaking his head. "Sorry no can do."

Closing her eyes, Ferin tipped her head back and let the rain wash over her face, like it would wash away some of her frustration, they were only an hour away from West Chester, and look what they'd encountered already. And it could only get worse, Illinois was quite a ways away. God she hoped Glomb got there soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading