Status: Slow Active

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am

Part Mine

"Do you think they really put anything away?" Ferin asked Natasha once they were back on the highway.

The horse's flight landed on time, and they quickly went through the notions of having them released to Ferin. Now they were back on the highway headed for West Chester.

Tash's elbow was resting on the door near the window, she looked over at her friend. "I highly doubt it."

"Well just be thankful Dunn isn't there," Melissa added from the backseat.

Ferin nodded. It wasn't even her house, but she was still worried enough for her and Natasha.

They drove the rest of the way in relative silence, switching CD's once from The Used's Lies For The Liars to The 69 Eye's Savage Garden.

When they got back to Bam's house. The place looked borderline deserted.

Tash sat up straight and looked around. "I don't know if this is a good thing or not."

"What's up?" Mel asked as she undid her seatbelt and leaned over the console between the two front seats.

Ferin stopped the truck and trailer for a moment, debating on whether to unload the horses here or drive down to the barn. She opted for the latter. That way she could leave the trailer down at the barn as well, then it wouldn't be taking up space in the driveway.

She drove down carefully down to the barn and parked beside it.

"I really don't think anyone is home," Tash admitted as she hopped out of the truck, "because at least one of them would be down here to harass us if they were."

Ferin agreed. She got out and slammed her door shut.

"So how many horses does this thing carry?" Melissa asked as she walked with the other girls to the back of the trailer.

"Two." Ferin smiled and started undoing the locks.

"Just two?" Melissa ran her eyes along the length of the trailer. "The thing's huge."

"Yes, but the front part is living quarters." She got the lock off and was now moving the lever over to get the doors open. "The next part is the tack and feed room. And what's left is for the horses."

Tash swung one door open while Ferin swung the other open.

"Hey boys," Ferin smiled and ran her hand over JD's rear end as she slipped into the trailer beside him, moving up to his head and untying is lead rope.

"Back up," Tash grabbed Melissa by the arm and moved her out of the way.
Ferin threw the end of the lead rope over JD's shoulder and he began backing out of the trailer by himself.

"Looks like they've done this before," Melissa laughed. When JD was safely on the ground he shook his entire body causing the rope to fall to the ground. Tash picked it up as he looked around.

Ferin did the same with Cowboy, unhooking his rope and tossing it over his shoulder, allowing him to backout on his own. A little unsure Melissa grabbed his rope once he was standing beside her.

Cowboy shoved his head into her chest almost knocking her backwards.

Ferin groaned. "He wants you to pet him between the ears, but don't. It's a bad habit he has that I'm trying to break." She closed the doors and locked them up.

Melissa looked a little stunned as she held one arm across her chest. "Don't worry I won't be petting him."

"He's not that bad," Ferin smiled reassuringly before taking the rope from Melissa. They lead the horses to the front of the barn, Melissa opened it up and the took them inside, taking a few moments to get them settled into their stalls comfortably.

Then, while Tash placed hay in their stalls, Ferin unhooked the trailer from the truck.

"Do you want these doors closed?" Melissa asked referring to the front doors of the barn.

Ferin thought about it for a minute. "No," she said finally. "There isn't anything out there that will bother them. I'll come check on them in not too long."

"Nothing to bother them?" Tash laughed as they climbed back into the truck. "Are you forgetting who you we're living with?"

"No, they do anything to my boys, and I will kill them," Ferin stated seriously as she drove them back to the house.

They headed inside to find the house empty as well.

"Ape's not even here?" Tash asked as they moved further into the house.

The sound of glass breaking caught their attention and they hurried down into the pirate bar. There, Bam's uncle's, minus Vito, were sitting around the table. She recognized them from episodes of Viva La Bam. A broken glass lay on the floor.

"What are you doing?" Ferin asked as they moved into the room.

"Who are you?" Shit bird asked her.

"I'm Bam's girlfriend," she informed them, proud with the look they now had on their faces. "Who broke the glass?"

No one spoke up so Melissa went and got the broom and dustpan.

"Where's Bam?" Ferin asked them as she slipped her hands into the front pocket of her hoodie.

"He went to some new house to clean up," Shit bird informed her, "and he hired us to clean the pool."

Ferin rolled her eyes. When she'd suggested Bam get someone to clean the pool, she'd meant professionals. Someone who knew what the hell they were doing, not someone who could probably make it dirtier than it already is.

Tash groaned, "they're all at my house."

Ferin cracked a grin knowing that it probably wouldn't lighten the mood anyway. "Well, let's go survey the damage."

"Please let Ape and Phil be there," Tash whined as the girls headed back up the stairs leaving Bam's uncles to do what they do best...drink.

***

"Oh god," Tash muttered and covered her eyes when they pulled in the driveway. It was starting to rain, and all of her stuff was still out on the lawn. However, it was half assed covered in blue tarps.

"What are they doing?" Melissa gestured towards the group of people standing in front of the garage door. Smoke rising from around them.

"That better not be a fire." Tash leapt out of the truck faster than Ferin could even get her buckle undone.

When she finally got out of the truck she was greeted by the smell of hamburgers.

"You made it," Ape smiled as she skipped towards her. "I'm so excited to see your horses. You know, when I was little I use to ride alot."

Ferin smiled, "well we'll have to go riding tomorrow Ape."

Ape nodded and took her by the hand, pulling her towards what wasn't a fire, but a large barbecue.

"Glad to see you helped Knoxville get everything put away."

Bam spun around to see Ferin and grinned. "Hey babe, we got hungry, so we figured we had to have something to eat."

Ferin shook her head but eyed up the hamburgers Phil was cooking anyway. "I want that one when it's done," she pointed out to Phil who nodded and checked it.

"Oh Ferin," Bam pulled her towards a rather skinny but good looking man with long hair. "This is Seth Miesterman. AKA, Sweetheart. Sweetheart, this is my girlfriend, Ferin Hamilton."

Ferin shook Seth's hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you."

He smiled back. "Nice to meet you to. You're not from around here are you?"

Ferin shook her head. "Is it that obvious?"

He laughed in response. "No, it's just that if you were from around here, you'd be with me and not Bam."

"Yeah I don't think so," Bam smiled and pulled her close, kissing her on the temple.

"By the way," Ferin glanced up at Bam, "you really think that your uncles are going to get the pool cleaned?"

Bam laughed and smiled. "I didn't think they'd even fuckin show up."

"Well they did," she informed him, "and they were breaking shit in the kitchen."
Bam simply shrugged.

"Come fix your burger bun Ferin."

Ferin glanced over Phil's shoulder at Ape who had things set up on a small table behind him.

"Where you goin?" Bam asked her when she pulled out of his embrace.

"To eat," she smiled simply. "I'm hungry."

After lunch everyone worked together in the light rain to get everything into the house. And soon they were all headed back to Bam's except Ferin, Bam, Tash, and Knoxville.

"I'm going to stay and unpack some things," Tash explained as she lifted a box off the ground. "Knoxville's staying too."

Knoxville frowned. "Why do I have to stay? It's your stuff."

"Because," Tash shoved the box into his arms, "you couldn't even just stick my stuff in the house when I asked."

He grinned devilishly and Ferin handed her truck keys to her friend. "Drive my truck back, I'll ride with Bam."

"Alright," Tash nodded. Ferin and Bam said goodbye and headed down the driveway to his hummer.

"So do I have a couple of hay burners at my house now?" Bam asked as he pulled on his seatbelt and backed out of the driveway.

Ferin nodded, now was as good a time as any to tell him. "Yes, and you better treat them with the utmost respect," she warned him.

Her warning didn't seem to hit home. He grinned that grin as he looked over at her. "Hey, they're at my house, on my property. That makes them part mine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading <333
Comments?