Status: Slow Active

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am

Party Planners

"Bam!"

Ferin slid her hand along the railing as she wandered down the stairs onto the main floor of Castle Bam.

"Bam!" she yelled again when there was no answer.

"He's outside," Ape had started up the stairs from the pirate bar with a stack of plates in her hand.

"What's he doing?" Ferin asked cautiously, waiting for Ape to reach the top of the stairs before she took the plates from her.

"They," Ape corrected her, "are outside." She paused for a moment and offered a weak smile, "and I believe Bam used the word, playing."

"Oh lord," Ferin muttered.

"Tell me about it," Ape waved her hand in the air and wandered back down the stairs into the pirate bar. Ape was irritated that was for sure. Which meant Bam was probably doing something she really didn't approve of. And naturally, this piqued her interest. Ferin turned around and quickly set the table before heading out onto the deck and down the stairs to the pool. She could hear the guys yelling and laughing, but she couldn't see them. She wandered slowly across the grass down the slight hill until Bam's skate ramp came into view. She watched as Glomb rode the ramp while Bam lay on the ground in the middle. The rest of the guys sat up top on the edge of the ramp watching.

"I seriously hurt so fucking bad," Bam whined.

Ferin chuckled to herself as she approached them. Bam was no doubt sore from riding the horse yesterday, and it was obviously taking a toll on his skating skills.

"Like honestly," he propped himself up onto his elbow and looked up at the guys, oblivious to her being there, "my ass hurts so bad."

"I hear you." Dunn tapped his cigarette ashes over the edge of the ramp and locked eyes with Ferin. "There's the culprit," he smiled.

Bam turned to look at her and smiled as she stepped onto the ramp. "I thought you were suppose to stay on top of those things," she laughed and gestured towards his board which way laying a few feet away from him.

"Well if I didn't feel like every muscle in my groin and ass was ripped to pieces, I could," he slowly manuevered himself onto his knees then up onto his feet.

"Awww," Ferin mocked him as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Ape seemed pretty pissed, I thought maybe you guys were misbehaving."

"We were," Bam laughed and ran his hand through his hair. "I was riding the railing down the stairs then jumping into the pool."

Ferin frowned, "the railing on the deck? Bam that's wood, it's probably scratched to shit now."

"Calm down Ape," he mocked her, "that's why we're down here now."

"Ape threw a shit fit," Raab grinned that devilish grin; the one that told Ferin it was no doubt his idea in the first place.

"Get out of the way," Glomb stood at the top of the ramp and gestured for Bam to move aside with his hand.

Bam stepped closer to Ferin as Glomb dropped in.

"So what are you up to?" Bam asked her.

She smiled softly and pulled the long sleeves of her shirt over her hands. "I was gonna talk to you about having a house warming party for Tash and Knoxville," she locked eyes with him, "I think it'd be fun, and I know they'd enjoy it."

"Like here?" Bam pointed to the ground, "or at their house?"

"Their house," Ferin watched Glomb ride past her before he wiped out and she cringed, "but we'll have to keep it relatively low key. I mean, they just moved in, I'm sure they don't want shit broken."

Bam nodded in agreement. "Yeah, DiCo and I will figure it out," he wandered over to his board and picked it up, "we got it covered don't worry."

"We have what covered?" DiCo asked in curiousity.

Ferin glanced at Bam but couldn't reply before he climbed up the side of the ramp and prepared to drop in. "A party, but first," he locked eyes with her, "Ferin has to ride the skateboard,"

Her eye's widened as she looked him over, he couldn't possibly be serious.

"Come on," he waved at her. She shook her head in response. There was no way in hell she was going to ride that thing. Not on the ramp anyway.

"Yes," Bam dropped in and stopped himself at the bottom of the ramp before his own inertia started him up the other side of the ramp. "I had to ride those damn horses, you can ride the skateboard."

She actually felt nervous as hell which was unlike her. But she couldn't help it, she knew for a fact that she wouldn't last two seconds on the board.

"I'll ride it anywhere but on the ramp," she pleaded with him.

"Oh come on," Bam grasped onto her wrist, "even Rake tried it,"

"Anywhere but the ramp, Bam," she tugged her arm back out of his grasp. "I know that I'll break my arm, or tailbone or some shit like that and I really don't wanna have that for Christmas."

"Shit," he turned his head and looked up at the guys before looking back at her, "that's coming up soon too isn't it?"

"Yeah," Ferin nodded slightly, "and I'd rather not be in a wheelchair."

"Fine," Bam gave in and released her wrist, "but after Christmas, we hit up the skatepark."

She smiled softly at him and nodded, "deal. Now I'm gonna go back in to help Ape with dinner, I need you to think about that party and let me know what's up. Sooner the better."

Bam nodded before running up the side of the ramp again as she turned and left them to play. God she hoped Bam forgot about the whole skatepark thing by the time Christmas was over. Speaking of which, it was a holiday she'd never spent with any family before, let alone this one. It was going to be interesting.

***

"Sooooo," Natasha smiled at her friend as they waited in line at the grocery store, "all this isn't for the house, that's obvious." She'd clearly inspected everything that Ferin threw into the cart and was seriously questioning it. "What are you planning?" she pressed.

Ferin rolled her eyes and laughed at her best friend's intuitive nature. "Nothing, now would you quit pestering me?"

"Seriously," Tash reached into the cart and pointed at several stacks of cookies, "even Phil and Vito couldn't eat all those."

Ferin turned her head and locked eyes with Tash.

"Okay maybe they could," she changed her mind, "but seriously, this is all like snack food. And I know for a fact, that it won't feed the crew that lives in that house."

"Nothing can be a secret with you can it?" Ferin asked as she laid down the stick that seperated her groceries from the person in front of her.

"Well I have the feeling it concerns me," Tash began handing things to Ferin who set them on the counter. "I have a nose for these things."

Ferin grinned but kept quiet as she continued to put the food on the counter.

"Alright," Tash broke their silence again, "if you won't tell me what's going on I'll just phone Johnny."

Ferin shrugged her shoulders and laughed. "Phone Johnny."

Natasha narrowed her eyes but continued to smile. "You'll let me phone Johnny, huh? That means he doesn't know what's going on. Which means that whatever you're planning has to do with the two of us."

Shit, she clearly never thought fast enough for that one.

"Natasha Hudson, quite being a pain in the ass. You'll find out what's happening soon anyway, I promise."

"I better." she smirked.

Ferin paid for the groceries while Tash loaded them up then they headed outside, each of them pushing a cart full.

"It's a house warming party isn't it?"

Ferin snapped her head around to look at Tash. "What the hell are you, clairvoyant or just psychic?"

"Neither," Tash laughed and stopped pushing her cart. "They make it kind of obvious."

Ferin looked up to see a caravan of vehicles parked at the far end of the grocery store parking lot. It was led by Bam's new hummer, which was adorned with an obviously home made banner that read, 'Welcome Knoxville and his old lady to town. Over 21? Get your wrist band here.' And the vehicle was swarming with people.

"I'm gonna kill him." Ferin stated matter of factly.

"No, let me have the honors." Tash frowned. "How the fuck are we gonna get all those people into my new house? Actually that's not even the issue right now. When the hell did I become Knoxville's old lady?"

Ferin couldn't help but laugh. "Look at the group of guys we hang out with babe. I really don't think sophisticated names, even as simple as the word girlfriend, float around in their vocabulary."

They began pushing the carts towards Ferin's truck again but kept their eyes on the circus not far away.

"Here," Ferin unlocked her truck and opened up the doors. "If you wanna start unloading, I'm gonna go have a word with Bam."

"Feel free to let him hear more than one word," Tash began unloading and Ferin started jogging towards the hummer.

"Nice try, but that's so not you in that picture," Dunn handed back a young girls ID and took someone elses. Rake stood behind him with a handful of wristbands while Bam and DiCo manned the other end of the table.

"I thought we decided on low key, Bam."

Bam's head snapped up and his eyes locked with Ferin's. "This is low key."

"This is low key?" Ferin gestured around to all the people. "Bam, they're gonna trash Johnny and Natasha's new house. How long have you been out here?"

"About an hour," DiCo admitted.

Ferin narrowed her eyes at them both. "I swear to god, if they trash the place, I will never let you live it down. You may be cool with totaling your best friend's new house, but I'm not."

"Are you really pissed about this?" Bam handed his handful of wristbands to DiCo and rounded the table to stand in front of her.

"A little bit, yeah. I mean I get it, I love that you aren't a celebrity who's so stuck up that you won't hangout with anyone other than your entourage and because of that you can make any party absolutely insane. But something like this...this is like a family thing. I mean hell, our family alone is already like thirty people. Now we have to fit easily a hundred more people into that house, and keep them from destroying the place, and keep the police from showing up and - "

"Hey," Bam stopped her. "I'm sorry, I just wanted this to be a fuckin' riot. And yes, I suppose I went over the line this time and for that I'm sorry."

She took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "Just promise me that nothing will happen that's going to require the fire department or some shit like that. And you need to find some type of security." She turned around and started heading back towards her truck. Yes, she definitely should have known better than to leave Bam and DiCo in charge, and she had a feeling deep down that this, was just a minor speed bump compared to what was probably coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit of a filler I know, but I'm workin my way back into this story.
Thanks for hanging in there <333