Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre dix

The heat was immense, the screams were deafening, but it was so worth it. At least I was wasn't squashed up in the mosh pit with all their fans, at least I had the room to move around as I pleased. There was another photographer in the galley with me, for a magazine no doubt, but he wasn't getting the same photos I was. I knew just what to look for to make the perfect shot. For instance, Ray looked best when he was frowning hard in concentration at his pick ups. Mikey looked best mid hair flick or when he had his teeth clamped down on his bottom lip in passion for the bass notes. Gerard looked best when he was spurring on the crowd, when he had them hanging on his every movement. Bob, when you could reach him, was best depicted in paradiddle trances or when he was doing fancy tricks with his sticks, and Frank.. well, he looked best when you caught him off guard. Wheter it be him looking at his guitar in fustration, or him tangling himself up in his mic cord.

"-of course I can go back there! I'm their fucking tour photographer!" I argued.

"No pass. No access, it's as simple as that lady."

"Lady?! I'll give you la-"

"It's alright Dil, calm down.. Gus for future references - she's with the band." Brian said sternly to the meathead security guard. He gruffed and let us past. "Frank's looking for you by the way." Brian said hurrying down the corridor, "He said it was important."

"Thanks Brian," I called after him. Everybody was in such a post-show rush to get somewhere, one of the supporting bands literally sprinted past me as I was fiddling with my camera. Taking no notice of them, or anyone as a matter of fact, I bumped right into someone with force. "oh god, I'm so sorry.."

"No, no.. It's quite alright, no harm. Is your camera cool? Not broken.." I shook my head, "good." he smiled, "I'm Anthony by the way, I saw you earlier, taking photos of us."

"Yeah, that was me." I smiled. "I really like your band, that's an.. original voice, you've got yourself there." I chuckled, noting his girly screams. I hadn't heard of Circa Survive before we had got here, but I liked them - they were refreshingly different.

"Why thank you," he smirked, "are you aloud to take photos of us? I mean, aren't you MCR's photographer in your contract or something?" he said, obviously grasping at straws to be able to create conversation.

"I'm their tour photographer, but there's nothing that says I have to solely photograph them." he tugged the wet hair on the back of his neck, "Besides, it gives me an excuse to get up close and personal with the competition." I winked. Though he and I both knew, there really was no competition, fans were there to see My Chemical Romance before anyone else.

"You're Dylan huh?"

"That's me. But I prefer Dill." he smirked.

"As in Dill-hole?" I rolled my eyes, Like I hadn't heard that one before..

"As in Dill being preferential over Dylan, becuase people tend to think it solely a guys name, and end up very disappointed when I turn up to do a photo shoot."

"Disappointed? Surely not.." he said with a twinkle in his very attractively awake eye. It ws evident to me that he was beginning to flirt, not seedily so, but enough to remind me that I was on my way to find Frank. I snapped out of the niceities of the conversation, and ran my hand through my hair.

"I really have to go. Frank, I need to find Frank, he's looking for me-" I was mid exuses, when he put his hand to my mouth to shut me up.

"Frank left five minutes ago, he told Brendan to find you and bring you to the party everyone is rushing so quickly to get to." he dropped his hand from my mouth, "I'm on my way there myself, we could find Brendan and all go together?"

"Alright..?" I said finding it strange that Frank would have told, a completely unbeknown to me, person to find and escort me to a post show party that I had no idea about. That being so, I ended up getting in Circa Survive's tour van, with my bag of camera junk and an akward demeanor about my person. I don't know whether he had been drinking, if he was partially sighted or if he was just a very forward person, but he had snaked his arm around my waist like we had something between us, despite very, very little room and it was making me incredibly anxious.