Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre onze

Trying to keep my thoughts from this, albeit nice, guy's arm around my middle, I tapped my fingers feverently on my camera lens, my nails clicking against the lens guard quietly. I had no idea where we were headed, but we were driving through country roads swiftly. My phone rang and vibrated around in my pocket, thanking whoever it was that thought up the concept of mobiles for allowing me to break my chosen silence, I answered the phone quickly, not caring that I didn't recognise the number. "Hello?" I said expectantly.

"Dill!" Frank's familiar voice rang over the thumping music in the background, presumeably he had arrived at the party.

"Oh hey ass hat! Thanks for waiting for me to join you, you're only the ones who dragged me to this country." I said bitterly, thought taking it back once I'd said it. I sighed, "I didn't mean that.. Just, where are you?"

"I'm at the party, did Brian tell you?"

"He told me you were looking for me, but he neglected to pass on any details of your whereabouts or why it was you happened to be looking for me."

"But you're safe and happy with Brendan and Anthony on your way now right?"

"Safe, I'm not so sure. Happy, not entirely. Brendan and Anthony, apparently so. And on my way? I have no fucking idea.." he giggled into the phone. Even just hearing it made me smile. Which at this moment in time was a bad thing, I mantain that Dill at present time equals pissed off and in potential danger of being kidnapped and raped by a singer who sounded like a girl and a guitarist that looked like a tidy, short haired Jesus.

"He's got his arm around your waist hasn't he." he stated with what I knew no doubt was a cheesy grin. I looked down at my waist, then up at Anthony, who raised his eyebrows suggestively, without breaking eye contact I spoke.

"Yes." he sighed with laughter. I on the other hand was progressively getting more aggitated in the fact that Frank was the one who had put me in this situation with, what now became apparent, a man of whom Frank knew to be predatory. "Frank.." I said through gritted teeth, "sort it out, before I do.." he knew my threat would be anything but empty.

"Give Anthony your phone." still not breaking eye contact, I handed him the phone, which he took, while still suggestively looking at me.

"Yeah totally." he laughed, my phone disappearing under his mop of blonde hair, "Yep... Yeah.. About five minutes yeah.. Sweet.. Cya man." putting the phone back in my hand, he pulled his arm away and leant back in his seat, I sat up straight and put the phone back to my ear.

"Thank you. Now, would you mind telling me what this is all about."

"No." he sniggered, "But I can show you.."

"How can you show me? I'm in a van in the back of beyond for all I know."

"Chiswick, actually.." whoever was driving the van chirpped.

"I'll show you when you get here." he sang melodically.

"But Frank I ca-" was all I managed to say before the 'oh so friendly', mind numbing beeping of the cut off tone began repetively droning into my ear.