Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre deuze

I hopped out of the van and stood in marvel at the very large, very beautiful house that stood before us. I could hear the music inside, but all I could fixate on was the immeasureable warm glow of the house, lit up in the middle of the courtyard.

"Wow, if no one knew you were American, they do know." Anthony laughed, standing next to me, gazing up at the house as well. I wasn't running a mile, as he had explained to me in the van, that Frank had ordered him to freak me out and that it was all part of his big plan of getting to the party before me.

"Because I'm looking at a country house?"

"Because you're gazing in awe at a Stately home." he chuckled, "Bit of a change from a town house, huh?" it didn't suprise me in the slightest that he knew this, I hated to think what other information Frank had divuldged to him about me.

"Alright freaky, I'm going to look for your messiah of knowledge." I patted his back, and walked away, laughing to myself. Only I could find myself in strange situations like this. I walked through the large doors, to a scene of party carnage; people were everywhere, drinks in hand, laughing, dancing, smoking. It took some concentration to spot anyone I knew as I made my way through the crowd of moshers. I made my way outside, again people were everywhere; in the pool, in the hot tub, drinking, singing, smoking, dancing.. I craned my neck looking around for someone, anyone, when I saw Frank leaning up against a wall. He made eye contact with me and winked, before turning and walking slowly away. "Frank!" I called after him, he turned his head and smiled, but kept walking. He obviously wanted me to follow him, all these games were beginning to irritate my still jet lagged body, but yet, I followed like a donkey going after a carrot. He led me, from a distance, back through the mosh, and down a hallway dotted with people, before turning down another, people free hallway and disappearing. "Frank?" I called out hoping, for once, that he would jump out and frighten me, "Frank this isn't funny anymore." I sighed, leaning up against a wall to support my worn out body. "That's it, I'm leaving.. Have fun hiding." I began to make my way back up the hall, when my body was yanked through a door by my arm. "What is going- Frank!" I said angrily. "What are you doing?! Have, you lost your mind?" I said gripping his head between my hands.

"I told you I'd show you what the whole Anthony thing was about." he grinned, why he found it something to grin about annoyed me.

"I'm losing patience with this, very quickly. First, you leave without waiting for me. Then, you tell Anthony to make me feel as uncomfortable as possible. Then you make me chase you. Just tell me what the fuck you think you're playing a-" my long, annoyed, slightly naggy ramble was cut short. He cupped my face in his hands, and kissed me forcefully. My hands dropped from his head, and my fingers tangled themselves in his hair. I wanted to be mad, but, it was Frank, and he was kissing me, and.. and.. "No, Frank this isn't good enough." I said sternly pushing him away from me.

"The kissing or the situation? Becuase I can always work on the kissing.." he said cockily raising an eyebrow. I couldn't help but laugh on the inside at his bluntness.

"Just, the whole situation. What are you doing?" I sighed, taking a seat on a desk. Looking around, it was evident he had pulled me into a richly decorated study. Why anybody would open this house up for a rowdy party, was questionable to say the least.

"I'm moving on." he said proudly.

"I wouldn't exactly call forcing yourself on me 'moving on', Frank." he nodded with a grin. "No, it's really not.."

"Yeah, I'm totally moving on. I'm moving on from hiding the fact that I want to be with you."

"What?"

"You said we should move on, you didn't specify that we had to move on to other people. And I'll be damned if I move on to feeling sorry for myself."

"So, what was the deal with the Anthony thing."

"To see if you were moving on, to see if you'd flirt with him. And you didn't, you changed subject to me.. Which just proves a part of you, at least, wants me." it was quite possibly the stupidest theory I'd ever heard, but he seemed to believe it. And, in a warped way, I could see how it could have potentially made sense. I sighed, and stood up, I needed a drink.

"That's the dumbest thing you've ever said." I said opening the door, fully intent on walking out without a further thought.

"Dill..!" he called out, I turned and looked at him.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to be with me?" he asked sincerely, nervously tugging the hair on the back of his neck. Just glancing at him, I wanted to scream 'yes!' at the top of my lungs, but I knew it just couldn't happen.

"Yes.." I said openly, "But, we just can't.. We can't.." it crossed my mind as I walked back to rejoin the party, that I as trying to convince myself more then I was him.