Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre treize

"Where's Frank?" Mikey asked for what seemed like the millionth time in the past twenty minutes.

"I've told you three thousand times already, I don't know." I said flicking his forhead with my long fingers. It had been two weeks since the party at the Stately home, and I had managed to cull my 'lets jump in the deep end' flirtatious attitude towards Frank amicably. I told myself that it wasn't just him who I had left, it was the others too, and since I had joined the tour, had been neglecting them greatly. "Can we leave?" I said as I pulled a clump of fake cobwebs from my face.

"Yeah, I'm sick of this place now.." he agreed, "Let's go to the Tower of London to try and scare the crows away!"

"London will burn down if they fly away, besides.. they can't, they all have clipped wings." I said remembering at least some facts from high school history classes.

"Oh god, it smells like an ass hole down here!" Mikey said screwing his face up in disgust at the pungeant smell that was lingering moistly in part of the dungeon we just entered, "Oh, jesus.."

"You've just blasphemed twice now, you're so going to hell." I laughed, the smell wasn't disgusting, it just wasn't overly pleasant. "Come on, lets go get coffee then chase these crows you're so intent on tormenting."

"Ummm..." I said taking in everything that was written in chalk paint on the boards behind the counter, why they needed so many names for pretty much the same thing was brain melting, "Two, double caramel, two shot coffees - large, please." I said politely to the girl, who could have been no older then 17, who was serving. Paying her what I thought was too much for coffee, and taking the hot cups in our gloved hands, we made our way through London, to the Tower. It was a grim, autumn day so not many people were there, which was perfect for Mikey to put his treasonal plans to head.

"Holy shit." he said gawping at the amazingness of the crown jewels. I had to admit, they were rather impressive, in royal terms anyway. "Can we steal them?" he asked biting his lip.

"What is wrong with you?!" I asked in astonishment, "Are you intent on being drawn and quatered, then having to leave England in a box?" I laughed, "A disembodied corpse can't play bass in a rock band, so stop your scheming." He grabbed me into a hug and span me around, causing the security guards to fear the glass cabinets. Noticing their hostilities towards us, we scurried away in search of the crows.

"Dylan.." he said thoughtfully, using my full name.

"Yes, Micheal?"

"Did you only come with us for Frank?" he stopped, his hands still in his jacket pockets, and looked at me pensively.

"Oh Mikey, of course I didn't come just for Frank. Do you honestly think that I only came for him?" I was mortified that he thought that, but was glad that he had brought it up, so I could set the record straight, as it were. He shrugged.

"I did. In the first few days, it just seemed as if you only wanted to be with him. It's changed now though," he grinned, "I just wondered. But, can I ask.." he said taking a slurp of his coffee, "Have your feelings gotten stronger now you're back with him a lot?" Mikey was the only one that knew pretty much everything that went on in my life, he had always been there, even when I left New Jersey.

"At first, yes. But, since that house party after the first show, I've distanced myself from him." I could tell by his face, he wanted to ask why, "Because I had to. I can't give him my heart Mikey, it's taped and bandaged together as it is. I just won't put it through being ruptured by Frank.."

"But he wouldn't rupture it? Why do you think that?"

"It's Frank, Mikey. Frank.. You've known him over the past six years I've been gone, tell me he hasn't cheated on every girlfriend he's had, just like he did before I moved away."

"I can't.. I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it just means that I can move on with my life at least." I gave him a reassuring smile, that's when I spotted one out the corner of my eye, "Crow!" I exclaimed.