Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre quatorze

"Mikey!" I panted as we bolted from the courtyards of the tower, "Mikey - Stop!" His arms swung widely as he halted himself, finally stopping some twenty paces away from me. I stopped and bent forwards, trying to fill my overworked lungs with oxygen again. "Christ.. idiot.. fucking crows.. making me run.." I wheezed. It was really time I thought about giving up smoking. Mikey staggered over to me, his red face looked pained as he drew air into his body.

"Dill-" he started.

"Don't you Dill me, what were you thinking?!" I puffed, standing up straight and placing my hands on my hips to support myexhausted unhealthy body.

"No, Dill really-" he said with an aggitated tone in his voice, doing the same with his hands for hisexhausted unhealthy body as I was.

"Really what?"

"I think we're still in Tower grounds.." he said pointing behind me, I turned and saw two men running towards us. "Run!" he yelled. I honestly could not tell you where the energy to run, solidly, for the next few minutes came from, but we did. We ran, and we ran, and we ran. The reason? We didn't want to be charged with treason or anything of the sort, and it was all Mikey's fault. My cursing of the younger Way brother came to a halt, about the same time as my body did. We were looking back over our shoulders so frequently, that it eventually had to happen; my body collided full force with another, knocking the both of us to the ground.

"Fuck! Shit.. I am so sorry." I panted, trying to push myself off of them. It didn't even register in my head to look at them, all I could think about was getting my body, off of theirs.

"Dill?" an overly, although not so much recently, familliar voice questioned uncomfortably from beneath me. I looked down, in my horror, to see Frank sprawled out on the pavement beneath me.

"Frank!" I said in honest shock.

"What the fuck is wrong, you were running faster then lightening." he laughed gingerly.

"Ask Mikey." I growled. He laughed, it didn't occur to me that we were still laying in rather a promiscuos position on the ground, until an annoyingly pert voice spoke forcefully above me.

"Frank, you're making a fool of yourself - Get off of him.." the voice said, it's manicured hand gripping my upper arm and pulling it skywards.

"Get off of him? Get off of me, how dare you try to drag me around like a child, fuck off." I said snatching my arm away and getting up. I looked at the creature, she was nothing special from what I could see. Yeah, she was pretty, yeah, she had a 'to-die-for' body, and yeah, she had blonde hair, but her presence was a patronising, condecending one, and I didn't take to it. "Who the hell are you anyway?"

"I'm sure Frank can tell you, once he gets up of the ground and stops acting like a child." I looked at Frank and pushed myself to my feet, he then sat up before Barbie grabbed his hands and pulled him into a standing position. "Well.. tell her and then you can tell me who she is and why she feels the need to mount you publicly." I repressed a bout of laughter, this girl was laughable - with her over the top put on English 'holier-then-thou' accent and blatent obnoxiousness.

"Yes Frank, do tell. It must be torturous for the poor girl not knowing who a deviant such as I, am.." I said in a mocking British accent that she, of course, took offense to, Frank smirked but it was short lived as she smacked him in the arm. I took note of the bags upon bags of designer clothes she was holding, maybe she was the new stylist.

"Uh, Sel this is Dylan an old friend, Dill this is Seleria; my girlfriend." the word smacked me around the face like a wet fish. Girlfriend?! I hadn't spoken to him much in three weeks and he had gotten himself a girlfriend? And what's more, a Barbie doll clone girlfriend with a name like a vegetable.. But, why did I care? He was moving on, just like I had asked him to. This was good, this was progress.