Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre dix-sept

I had left my room early that morning, I couldn't sleep, even with Tom next to me, I couldn't sleep. He was dying, and he was now sound asleep in a bed that not three weeks ago, Frank and I had slept together in. I got into the elevator, and within one floor it had stopped, I leant my head back against the mirror not expecting it to be someone I knew who would be getting in with me, let alone that person being Frank.

"So.." he grinned, "you made a speedy exit from dinner last night."

"Uhuh.." I said, repositioning my head back against the mirror and closing my eyes, not wanting to have to deal with him now, ontop of everything else.

"Couldn't stand to see me with Sel, could you?"

"Don't flatter yourself Frank. Seeing you try to inspect every inch of her asophagal lining, while every ten seconds glancing up to see if I'm staring on in want, doesn't exactly tug at my heart strings. A dying wasp has stirred more emotion." he laughed, though I don't see why. Unless it was nervous laughter because he now knows I noticed him looking at me while he kissed her.

"I bet you felt left out, so went back to your room to lay on your bed and remember what we did there."

"Yeah, that's exactly it. But don't talk too loudly, Celery might hear you and get 'unfathomably jealous that we copulated'.." the elevator juddered to a halt, I snapped my head up to see Frank holding his hand over the emergency stop button. "What the fuck are you d-"

"Then why did you leave?" I thought for a second about arguing as to why he cared, but he, and the others, were going to find out soon enough anyway, so I might as well tell him now.

"Tom." I said simply, "He came here to find me, to say he's sorry, and that he still loves me and that he doesn't want to give up on our marriage." he furrowed his brow.

"What?"

"What part exactly are you having trouble with, becuase I can repeat it slowly if you would like." I said reaching for the button, he moved his body in the way, meaning we were now standing closely infront of each other.

"What did you say to him?"

"I said ok."

"Ok?"

"Ok.." I nodded.

"What the fuck does that mean?" he asked aggitatedly.

"It means I accepted his apology, and told him we could give our marriage another go."

"You cannot be serious?! You still love him?" I hesitated.

"Yes.."

"You hesitated.." he stated, "And.. and you've been crying. Dill you can't be serious about this? He cheated on you with multiple women.. Not just one, but multiple!" he said holding ten fingers up, even though it was only seven. I mentally kicked myself in the face, but what could I do? He was dying and he needed me, I was his wife and I did still love him, just not in the way I once did.

"Frank, why do you even care? You have Celeriac or what ever her name is now to fuck, stop prying into my business."

"To fuck?! To fuck? You think that's all we did, just fuck.." he asked with a hightened, offended tone in his voice. "You're something else, you know that.."

"Why are you getting all offended? We were drunk, there was no concious emotion behind it, heir go, we fucked. And now, you're with Celery, and you can't honestly tell me that there's any emotion other then lust, if that even is an emotion, there or you wouldn't be in here probing me on my decision to be with my husband!" I pushed my hand ontop of his and the lift began moving again, and not a moment to soon.