Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre dix-huit

A week had gone by, and everyone had accepted that Tom was back, and that I was his wife still.. but none of them liked it, least of all Mikey. He especially didn't like that I was paying for all of Tom's med pescriptions that he needed renewing, but I had to do it, how could I not? Things had gone from bad to worse with Frank and Celery, no one ever saw Frank anymore; they were constantly in their hotel room. Or they'd be following each other to the bathroom on the plane when we traveled across the country. I hadn't really given Frank little thought, I'd given him all my thoughts when I wasn't focused on Tom. I wasn't jealous of hisshagbag girlfriend, I just didn't like her.. or the fact that he had seemingly, completely moved on in the space of seven days.

"Tom.." I said putting my hand on his knee, we were currently sitting at a table in the bar, and guilt had overcome me, I needed to tell him what happened between me and Frank, "I need to tell you something, and you're probably not going to like it." he looked worried.

"So long as the words, 'I can't do this', don't come out of your mouth then I'm as happy as Larry.. whoever he is." he smiled warmly.

"My first night on this tour, a month ago.. a few days after I left the house, I did something... with someone." I said guiltily, he raised his eyebrows and leant forward, closer to me in his chair.

"Oh.." he said simply, "Well, you don't need to tell me any more if you don-"

"No, I need to. You were honest with me, now I'm going to be completely honest with you. I love you, I don't want recent secrets lingering about.." he nodded his head.

"Okay.."

"I slept with Frank." I spurted out. He cocked his head to the side.

"Frank Frank.. Frank Iero, Frank?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry but I was really drunk and so was he and-"

"What the fuck?!" an annoying voice exclaimed loudly. I pressed my hand to my face and sunk low in my seat, I knew exactly what was coming and I was not looking forward to it. "You slept with, with.. with her?!" she said standing up dramatically, and pointing at me for the whole bar to see. I wouldn't have minded so much, if Brian, Mikey, Ray, Bob and Gerard weren't all spotted around in various places to hear aswell.

"I... we.. she-" he said, slightly stunned that she was howling this, causing everyone to stop, turn and listen.

"Don't try and deny it, I just heard her say it to her boyfriend!"

"Uh, husband if you don't mind. And what business have you got listening in on a private conversation in the first place?!" I said angrily. I saw Gerard approacing to my left from where he was standing by the pool table with Brian and Ray.

"I wasn't listening, I just overheard." she snapped.

"I was barely talking above a whisper!"

"I have heightened hearing.." she said in defense. The snoop. I laughed.

"That's amazing!" I gushed, "I didn't know root vegetables had hearing abilities! Did you Gerard?" I said, turning to him as he stood next to me.

"Wow, no, but you learn something new everyday. Or rather two new things, in today's case. Dill, did you really sleep with Frank?" he asked with an amused, yet perplexed expression.

"Yes, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We were very, very drunk, and turnip's cousin here is getting all uppity about it and she's only been seeing Frank, for what? Three weeks now is it? That's a relationship set in stone right there, three weeks ladies and gentlemen, give them a round of applause." I said, sarcasm dripping off my words like honey. I was rather enjoying this.

"Yeah, and what about you. Married for six years, and the first time your apart you fuck your old boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Tom asked unhesitantly.

"You fucked Gerard too?!" Frank said angrily standing from his seat.

"What?! No!" I shouted, this was becoming ridiculous. So many wires, too many of them now crossed. This had to be sorted, and now. "Look Turnip.."

"Celery!" Mikey corrected me, Gerard sniggered.

"Celery, turnip, potato.. whatever your fucking name is. Yes, I fucked your boyfriend, okay! Tom, no, he wasn't my old boyfriend; Gerard was, and no, I didn't fuck him, he's engaged to a very sexy woman with whom I'm not even on par. Frank, no, I didn't fuck Gerard and wouldn't again - no offense Gee,"

"None taken." he winked with a smirk.

"and for the record, your girlfriend is really fucking annoying, has possibly the most ridiculous accent I've ever heard and is very, very rude. Sorry Potato."

"Turnip." Ray shouted to me, confused as to what I called her.

"Celery!" Mikey laughed as he yelled, correcting both myself and Ray.

"Fucking Celery!" I sighed heavily as I smirked in total amusement, "Sorry Celery.." I laughed, just before her palm and manicured nails dragged across my face in rage. I didn't blame her to be honest, but truth be told, she brought what happened next on herself.