Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre dix-neuf

"Gerard!" I growled, as I was being tugged down a hallway against my will for an audience with the vegetable humper, "Gerard! Stop it! Fucking.. let go of me!" he stopped, yanked me close to him and in the nicest possible way, sneered the next few words to me through the falsest smile I'd seen since Patrick Swayze.

"Look Miss. Tyson, you got yourself into this mess and you're lucky the bimbo isn't pressing charges of assault, and that's only becuase Frank managed to convince her that you weren't worth it. So just go in there, let bitch boy be all macho and defend her honor, apologise, then leave. Okay?" It was pointless aruguing with him, he made a few valid points. Bimbo, bitch boy.. all pretty acurate.

"Fine." I sighed, "But I'm not going to enjoy it.."

"You better not," he said, his lips curling at the sides, "and no more Celery jokes. Just keep that between you and the guys."

"Yes Mom." I mocked, wobbling my head like a stroppy teenager. It probably wasn't wise that I'd spent the majority of the night drinking myself into a stupor, my reason, 'so as I could stay awake incase Tom died', made sense at the time; which so happened to be after the fourth, possibly fifth glass of whiskey. Gerard walked before me, stepping into the revolving door and making his way outside. I had never found revolving doors to be a problem until today, and I ended up standing watching it, waiting for the opurtune moment to hop in and escape. I was so involved in watching it, that I didn't notice that Gerard had come back in, grabbed my wrist and pulled me into it. Before I could properly experience the wonder of the magical turning doors, we were outside and making ourway to the stairs which led to the roof top bar.

"Now, remember what I told you?" Gerard asked as we climbed the last few steps. I nodded as I huffed and puffed my way to the top. Finally getting there, I spotted Frank.. well, the back of him. His hair had gotten long in the past few weeks, I liked it. My admiring of his hair was cut short, when from behind, or rather infront of him, imerged Celery. It took everything within me to repress a smirk at the sight of her. Panda bear after a face lift was the impression first given. Her shiny purple eyes, and heavily bandaged nose almost made my contorting muscles burn. She tapped Frank's shoulder and he turned, his soft features hardening and becoming angry.

"It's about time. What the fuck is your problem?" he barked, storming over to me and Gerard. I took a step back, fully intent on walking away, but Gerard was behind me, conveniently, to make sure I didn't do just that. "And don't give me that 'she started it shit', that you were using last night, because she didn't. You did by calling her names!" I scoffed.

"What are we in grade school again Frank? Come on! Little Miss. Priss couldn't take a joke, and you'd think with a name like hers, she would have learnt to!"

"Yeah, well you're called Dill; and that's a herb! So how would you like it if I called you Herb all the time!" she sniped like a six year old girl gang member. I couldn't help it, I had to laugh.

"Well, it's a damn sight better then Anethum Graveolens.." she was stumped. Score one Dill.

"Wh- huh?" she muttered quietly, she probably didn't even realise she was doing it - bless her. Frank dipped his head, and tried to repress his sniggering.

"Just apologise Dill." he said looking at me, and not blinking. A duel. I stared back, not blinking either.

"No."

"Dill!" both Gerard and Frank shouted. Mikey, Bob and Ray were quietly pissing their pants as they stood around a table behind Frank and Celery. I glanced over at them, and lost it all together.

"Fucking apologise!" he yelled, causing some randoms to turn and watch the spectacle that was the DillFrank stand off.

"No!" I yelled back, before laughing.

"She had to get emergancy nose surgery, fucking look at her!" he hollered as he pointed at her, "You're lucky she's not pressing assault charges.." he sighed, "She has to get plastic surgary Dill.. it's serious."

"I didn't know root vegetables could get rhinoplasty!" I squealed in laughter, I was beyond fucked up, that was it for Bob, he was on the ground clutching his stomach in fits of laughter, "Although," I slurred, "having said that, she's not really celery anymore though, is she? I mean look at her face!" I hiccoughed, "She's more like a fucking Aubergene!"

"Dill! Stop! I can't breathe!" Bob howled from the ground, where Mikey soon joined him.

"Gerard, Gerard look... look at her.. Au-Ber-Gene!" I slurred. She broke into tears, just as I hit the deck, smaking my head on a metal planter box as I did.