Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre vingt-trois

"Japan! Japan!" Bob sang, holding his arms wide open and singing to the bright neon billboards around the busy square.

"Japan! Japan!" Mikey sang louder then Bob had, but holding his arms in the same manner.

"JAPAN-JAPAN!!" they sang in unison. Tom laughed as I jumped up onto the bench they were standing on, and smacked them both in the back of the head.

"There is a time and a place, and we are not in New York anymore boys..."


"Dylan.. Dylan... Dill!" Tom said loudly, shaking my arms. My eyes darted open and I was confused, very confused. Why would I have dreamt of something so, so normal? "Holy shit, have you been taking sleeping pills too?" I sat up and wiped my eyes.

"Tom, we just flew direct from France to Tokyo, I'm very, very tired." he sat down next to me, putting a hand on my back and rubbing it soothingly.

"Are you okay? You seem bewildered?"

"Just a very.. normal dream. It was almost as if it actually happened and I was replaying it, or living it out, in my head." he looked puzzled, "Just not normal compared to my usual dreams of seven headed anteaters is it.." he laughed. "What's so desperate that you had to wake me up?" he smiled.

"You've been asleep for nearly a day and a half, it's an amazing feat, but you have the crew party tonight and Gerard told me to make sure you went."

"You're not coming?"

"Babe, I'm more tired then you are, and the guys don't want me there.. You go, I'll be right here when you come back." he laughed, "I'll even stay up just so you can tuck me in." he smiled sweetly.

"I'd love nothing more." I kissed his nose and stood up. "Time to shower away Europe grime? I think so.." I announced as I made my way to the bathroom. I wasn't sure how I felt about going to the party, I felt as if I had distanced myself from everyone and that by going, I was crawling back with my tail between my legs. Or maybe it was even embarresment, as I still had seven clotted stiches in my head from my spectacular finale to an argument with Frank and Celery. Whatever it was, the knot in my stomach was writhing.