Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre quatre

"Thanks.. for helping me clean up my tornado.." I said throwing the last of the glass into the bin. I had calmed down considerably, and my head was feeling clearer. I had managed to decide in the past two hours that I would go along with his file for divorse, it would save a lot of time and he didn't have anything I wanted. I also decided, that this was for the best, and that I would move on as soon as possible. Even if it meant letting him have the house.

"Are you positive you can just move on like this?" Mikey asked, it was strange looking at him without his glasses hanging on the end of his nose. I smiled and nodded.

"Resillience. I'm full of it. I guess it's a trait of all orphans, we just have to get on with it." Frank kissed the side of my head.

"So you're going to move back to New Jersey then? If you're going to give asshole the house?" they all looked at me expectantly.

"Uh, actually, I was thinking of going to Europe. I got offered a photography position for the big festivals there a while ago, and I'm thinking I might go for it. Especially now I've got nothing tying me here."

"You've got us!" Mikey said happily.

"You're the biggest band in the world almost and your touring all the time.. I'll never see you guys, and you know it."

"Then tour with us." Gerard said, almost, seriously?

"What?"

"Tour with us. Be our official photographer. Fucking come on tour with us."

"But.. I can't.. Can I? I mean.. No, that's ridicu.. Could I do that? No.. No way.. Seriously?" they all laughed, "Don't joke about things like that.."

"I'm not."

"Really?"

"Really, really.. Come with us."

"When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"Oh shit.." I laughed.