Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre huit

A lot of miracle hangover drugs, a cold shower and a strong cup of shitty instant coffee later, and my hangover was well on it's way out. I had just gotten dressed, and was about to leave my room, when someone knocked on the door. I slung my bag over my shoulder, grabbed my key card and opened the door.

"Good morning starshine." Bob said way too cheerily for, well, one o'clock in the afternoon. "Or should I said moonshine?" he laughed, noticing the collection of empty bottle I had lined up on the desk in the room to remind me never to drink again.

"Don't start, I've just gotten rid of the bastard hangover from hell." he laughed and put his arm around my shoulders.

"How you holding up kiddo?" he asked as he kissed the side of my head.

"Good. I just want a divorse as soon as possible, so I can get on with my life."

"How are you coping so well? Your six year marriage ended a day ago."

"He was right, he's never come first, and now I'm back with the people who always did, it just makes things a whole lt easier. It's for the best, for the both of us." he grinned and giggled. "What?"

"You're on tour with us! And you know we're keeping you forever, don't you?"

"Bob, I'm not a pet." I said seriously.

"Yes you are." I could tell I wasn't going to win this discussion, so gave up. We ended up walking to meet the guys at a nearby pub for lunch. They were seated around a long table, along with Brian and some other men. I walked in behind Bob, feeling somewhat like a spectacle for no apparent reason.

"Hey drunky!" Mikey chirpped, spotting me cowering behind Bob. His greeting caused everybody to look up from their drinks and conversations. Frank smiled at me modestly, and I could have sworn I blushed. This was all I needed, to turn beetroot infront of everyone.

"How are you feeling?" Ray asked in a motherly tone, rowsing a mixed reaction from the guys.

"I'm perfectly fine, and perfectly happy. Can everyone please stop asking me, or I will snap and be the most upset, crying, scorned, permanently pms-ing woman you have ever laid eyes upon. Now, where can I sit?"

"Sit here." Mikey and Gerard both said, patting the spot inbetween them. I sat down and placed my bag by my feet. I looked around at the pub and wished their were more like this in America. I wished a lot of things, a lot of the time and it often always ended in dissappointment.

"..so we can just do the s-" I wasn't paying attention to a word anybody was saying anymore, for the past ten minutes Frank had been mouthing things to me from across the table, and when I refused to look at him, he would kick my legs out of sight from everyone. He had already managed to remove one of my boots and take my bag away with his feet. "-it's not going to be like last time when Mike-" I looked up from my plate to Frank smirking and holding his fork prone to fire. I shook my head inconspicuously and widened my eyes, daring him not to do it.

"Don't you dare." I mouthed, his lips curled at the sides, I knew what was coming so jabbed him in the shins with my feet, making him slip. Whatever was aimed for me, hit a guy at the table behind us in the face, before falling to his plate. Both Frank and I imeadiately began studying the contents of our plates, and tried our hardest not to laugh. I chewed my top lip and sniggered hysterically, which in turn made Frank giggle as well.

"What the fuck are you two giggling about?" Brian asked, amused.

"Nothing." we both said hastily. We looked at each other's expressions and began laughing again. The guys ignored us and tried to get on with their conversations, while being interuppted by bouts of loutish laughter.

A while later, I was talking to Ray about the car we had bought togehter when we were 16, when Frank slowly moved his foot up my calf. I looked quickly at Frank, he was currently having a conversation with Gerard and Bob, and wasn't looking at me. I carried on talking to Ray until he got up to go to the bathroom, no sooner had he left then my phone alert tone bleeped. I opened the messege, "Footsies?"