That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Thirteenth

Sunday went slowly, very slowly. And by the time I had thought it best to go home, the tiredness hit me like a brick. I had a long hot bath, and lay thinking about all sorts of things. Namely Frank, and why had I suddenly taken such an enlightened interest in him when all he's done since we were eight was to be a complete dick towards me. I couldn't even remember why we had fallen out all of those years ago, obviously something silly, but that something silly stuck - regretably. I closed my eyes to go to sleep that night, I remembered being young and careless, not having to worry about the boy you have a crush on hating your guts. But like my mom had said, "Such is life," and I was going to have to deal with it, whether I liked it or not.

Still tired from my hangover from hell yesterday, I layed my head flat on the teachers desk infront of me, probably still frowning that the coffee shop I always went to was opening late from now on, so I got no caffine. I was also slightly worried about seeing Frank, as apparently, I had been talking to him at the party, but such is being off my face that night, I couldn't remember a bloody second of it. I heard the door open, but chose not to move, keeping the side of my face flat on the desk, hands either side of my head, facing out the window and away from Frank. "Morning." he said quietly. I groaned back, feeling to lazy to even shape my mouth to form coherent words. I heard him set something down on the desk besides my hand and rolled my head over to see.
"What's that?" I asked looking at the cup that rest on the desk infront of me, a slight trail of steam rising from the lid into the cold air of the classroom.
"It's a banana and caramel latte, I didn't know what you drank so I just brought two of what I usually get." he said innocently as he looked at his.
"But.. why?"
"Becuase every morning when I'm walking I see you going into Zahara's, and I also know that it's starting to open at 8.30 rather then 7."
"So why did you get me it?" I said, not realising that I was actually being quite rude and inhospitable seeing as paid for it. He shrugged nochelently.
"You got me a drink the other night, and you asked me why I looked pissed off, you also got that I was Beetlejuice." he said quickly.
"Ah ha.." I mumbled, "Uh, thank you." I said picking it up and smelling it, it smelt very sweet, "What did you say it wa-"
"Banana caramel latte. Kinda sickly, but ultimately, really fucking good." I tasted it and he was right, it was sickly sweet, but just to the right amount. I actually really liked it.
"You're right." I laughed as I set the cup back down. "So, tell me again, I got you a drink? Because everything after Gerard stealing the contents of the punch bowl is, well, it doesn't exist so far as I know."
"You got came over and said Beetlejuice, then gave me a drink, then asked me if I was having fun, then asked me what was bothering me." he nodded.
"That's it?" he nodded again, "Alright." It took that little to make him be nice, to be thoughtful even? Wow, I over estimated him considerably.

Twenty minutes of silence had passed, when he started talking again. "You, were Wednesday Addams right?" I looked up from my book.
"Yeah.." I nodded, feeling akward that he had broken the silence to ask a question he knew the answer to as he had insulted me over it only days before.
"You looked really pretty." he said quietly. He said I looked pretty?
"Uh, uh.. o, I.. than-.." I stuttered just as quietly before he cut me off.
"Why were you kissing Gerard?" he asked interrogantingly, his tone changing majorly from the quiet, complimenting one, to this hard, cold voice.
"Wha.. What?"
"Yesterday, when I came in to wake you both up - You were making out."
"Oh that.." I said as if it meant nothing, when it really didn't mean anything in regards to what he thought it meant. "He just felt like no girl would ever kiss him, and got really down about it, so I put an end to his wallowing - it's what friends do; cheer one another up. Why do you care anyway?"
"I don't,"
"Then why ask?"
"Well wouldn't you if you walked into a room and saw say, me kissing Mikey." he said as if it were logical.
"Well of course I would if I walked in to you and Mikey in a passionate fucking embrace, who wouldn't?!" I laughed.
"Ok, bad example," he laughed, "but you get what I mean. I just assumed you were together or something."
"Would it matter if we were? Outcasts only have each right? So why not make the best of it?"
"What do you mean?" he asked, looking like he was actually willing to listen, which made a change.
"No other guy is going to look at me while I'm here, and Gerard is the closest thing I've ever had to a boyfriend, so logically, it would make perfect sence. But, as these things go, Gerard is madly in love with Sophia, who unfourtunately seems to have a very fond likening of Mikey. And as if it just had to get any more complicated, Amelia seems to love Gerard, who doesn't notice her because he's too busy being infactuated with Sophia." I sighed before sipping carefully on my latte, "And Bob has Harriet, and Ray has Natasha, and Mikey likes Sophia but doesn't want to hurt Gerard, which leaves me, alone, and sorting out the ridiculously tangled love lives of my four best friends." I laughed, it suddenly daunting on me that I really did have no one, "Even if I did like someone, what does it matter? Nobody notices a 'nerd' anyway, a relationship for me, let alone a relationship with the person I want to be with, is a pipedream. I can think about all the time, but it's never going to happen."
"Wow." he said simply, obviously not knowing what else to say to my sudden outburst of the inner workings of my relationship world.