That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Fourteenth

The week was going by quickly again, and it was Wednesday afternoon already, we were all currently huddled up in our jackets and outdoors wear, as the heaters had broken in some of the classrooms, unfourtunately, out history class was one of the unfourtunate four classrooms effected. There were ten minutes left of the class then I could retreat to the warmth of the tutor room and the comfiness of the teachers chair. Talking amongst ourselves at our table, Mikey, Bob, Gerard and I were having a discussion about the trip we would be taking with the class for a week before the Christmas holidays, when Frank stood before us and coughed to get our attention. "Uh, Tallulah could I please use your text book for a minute, I need to check I've done mine right?" he aksed like a small child wanting to use a coloured crayon that his box lacked. Without hesitation or delay, I picked up my book and handed it to him with a smile. "Thanks."
"Lou, you- you were nice to him?" Bob asked as if it was a trick. I nodded happily.
"He asked nicely for it, and he's actually working. Which means he's been listening to me."
"Need I make a 'whip-crack' noise or are we all on the same page here?" Gerard asked the boys with a cheeky grin.

"So what is it again?" Frank asked, his feet kicked up onto the table, and his pen sticking out of the corner of his mouth.
"Divorced, beheaded, died. Divorced, beheaded, survived." I repeated for the third time, he had to remember how King Henry VIII wives died, and in what order - luckily, he didn't have to remember thier names.
"Divorced, beheaded..?"
"Died.."
"Died." he repeated.
"Yeah, it's always third."
"So, divorved, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived." I nodded with a big smile, "Fuck yeah! Dude, I swear you're like the best fucking teacher ever."
"Thank you Frank, that means a lot."
"What does? Being a teacher?" he asked stupidly.
"No, the fact that I can get through your thick skull and make you remember stuff." I said throwing a random piece of rubber at him, hitting him in the head. My phone beeped, signalling my escape time. As it was getting later and later in the year, it was getting darker quicker, and I knew by the murkiness of the sky now, that by the time Frank was half way walking home, it would be dark. "Do, you want a lift home?" I asked as I picked up my bag, I made sure not to look at him so not to cause any unwanted focus or embaressment. I chewed discreetly on my lip as I waited for him respond.
"It's not raining?" he said matter of factly, under the assumption that I would only repeat my act of giving him a lift to Gerard's, because of that reason, that and the fact I was headed there anyway, Gerard living across the street and all. Frank however, lived ten minutes away from my street.
"So? Do you want a lift or not? It's going to get dar-"
"Yes, thanks.." he smiled slightly, shutting me up from my impeeding ramble.
"Ok then, lets go.."

"How the hell did you remember the way here?" he asked astounded I had gotten to his house without any directions from him.
"I have a good memory.." I said tapping the steering wheel. I stopped the car outside of his house, the house that I used to come to everyday after school all those years ago. "Well, bye then." I said wanting him to end my suffering self conciousness by getting out of my car.
"Yeah.." he said getting out of the car, all was going well, when he decided to poke his head back in through the door, "Do you want to come inside?"
"Uh, I don't think that's a good idea Frank, do you?" I said nervously, of course on the inside I was screaming 'Yes!' at the top of my lungs, but I had learned how to contain that voice expertly.
"Why not?"
"People will get the wrong idea, I know kids from your group live around here, they'll see and then hassle you, and me about it."
"I don't care, come on." he said grabbing my arm and tugging it.
"It's a lot smarter, and less painful, if I get out of the car how it was designed to be gotten out of Frank." I said pulling my arm away and stepping out my own door. What was I doing going into his house?