That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Seventeenth

"Gee, I'm so fed up.." I sighed as I sat on my bed in my pyjamas. I hadn't gone into school that Friday, neither had Gerard; his reason being that he needed to give me moral support, but I knew it was for the same reason as me. I couldn't face being laughed at more so then normal. Apparently, everyone knew I was 'weak' and that I wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone hit a person in a million years. Though what they didn't know, is that when provoked by anyone insulting someone I love, I would do anything, including hitting someone, to put them in their place. "I've just been thinking over and over what Kerry said, and the fact that Frank said nothing! You're his best friend and he didn't stand up for you against that whore!"
"If I kissed you would it make it better?" he smiled. I laughed.
"If you kissed me it would make everything better, but only for as long as it lasted." I sighed, he was sweet.
"Then I shall kiss you for the rest of your days, prepare to be Gerardised!" he said, launching from the armchair at my desk and over to my bed, I yelped and jumped off starting a full blown chase around my room.
"I thought," Mom said from the doorframe, dragging outher vowels, "That you two were sick? Hmm?" she smirked, she knew full well we were trying to pull the wool over her eyes. We looked at one another, and without saying a word, quickly got into my bed, pulled the covers over ourselves and started groaning.
"Mom.." I coughed, "I... don't think I'm going to make it... to Christmas.."
"MommyLou.." Gerard croaked, using his nickname for my mom, "Tell.. my family... I love them..." She rolled her eyes.
"You kids.. " she chuckled fondly, our antics were nothing new to her after all this time, "I'm going to the store, any requests?"
"Comfort food, and coke..." Gerard nodded.
"I suppose alcohol to drown my sorrows in is out of the question?"
"It definately is, but I can substitute it with ice-cream?"
"Deal." we said in unison. We always did this when we were down, ate junk, layed in bed and watched movies until we felt so gross, we were compelled to move by our pride.

Gerard had left hours ago, and mom was now on her way out to go to dinner with Luke and to stay at his place afterwards. "Mom, you look fine."
"Just fine? Not great?" she pouted. She was wearing a slinky black dress, black stilettos ad had her hair curled and pinned up. For 44 years of age, she looked amazing.
"You look.. you look.. fabulous." I sighed, mentally damning her so looking amazing, knowing that I'd never attract attention wearing clothes like that.
"Now, are you sure you're going to be alright here by yourself?" she said picking up her bag and shawl.
"Yes mom, Mikey might come over later."
"Oh really?"
"No, I was just trying to reassure you. Now go, I'll be fine - as always." She kissed me quickly on the cheek, checked her reflection one more time and left, leaving nothing but a waft of perfume in her wake.