That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Nineteenth

Frank and I were both now sitting opposite each other on the kitchen floor, leaning against the cabinets with a mug of tea. Neither of us had said a word, until Frank decided he would be the one to break the silence. "You want to know why I didn't say anything?" Startled that he had spoken, I looked up from my mug and shrugged, expecting some lame ass excuse, probably blaming somebody else. "You know what Kerry's surname is, right?" I shook my head, wondering why it was at all relevent. "George." he said matter of factly, obviously hoping that I would get something from that.
"Meaning?"
"Can't you work it out? You're supposed to be the smart one.."
"It's late, I'm tired, I'm not a member of Scooby-Doo's gang Frank, just tell me why it's relevent." I said impatiently with a slight yawn.
" Kerry George, Mr. George, Mrs. George. See a connection there at all?" I sighed, why didn't I think of that before. She was not only Mr. George, the music teacher's daughter, but also our princples daughter as well.
"Ok, it's their daughter. But that doesn't explain why you didn't stick up for your supposed 'best friend'." he sighed heavily and set his mug down on the floor.
"When I first started getting into trouble last year, Mrs. George thought it would be a good idea to segregate me from Gerard and everyone, you remember," I nodded, vaguelly remembering Frank not being around to insult me so much, "So she saw to it that I had an example set to me, by having new, more 'focused' friends, and put me in with her daughter's group." I laughed.
"The only thing their focused on is what's in each others pants, or mouths, or as-" he cut me off, and granted. I laughed more.
"Exactly. But, Kerry told me out right, that if I fucked about with her or any of 'clique', she would spout off to mommy dearest. I called Gerard earlier and apologised, he was the one that suggested I came over here actually."
"Why?"
"Becuase I need help with my resume, I have to give one to this place tomorrow and I don't know what to write on it at all." I stood up and walked to the front door, opening, and holding it open.
"Goodbye Frank.." he looked bewildered.
"Wh-what?"
"I said goodbye, I think you should leave, now."
"But I need your help with this, actually, I really need your help with this." he said holding a sheet of crumpled paper in his hand.
"Get out Frank." I said calmly, not wanting to cause a riot.
"Why? What did I do?"
"Well, for a start you scared me to death, then you broke into my house, and then you don't even apologise for that slut of a friend of yours, insulting the shit out of me infront of a bunch of her other equally as slutty friends - Is what you did, now, for the third and final time - Get out."
"I didn't apologise?" he said softly, walking towards me. I shook my head.
"Nope." I could feel my guard falling down as he got closer to me, his eyes felt like the were burrowing into my brain, into my thoughts. He moved closer again still, so close I could feel his breath on my neck.
"I'm really sorry..." he whispered softly into my ear, I tried to hide that it sent an electric wave down my body, but obviously failed as I hadn't noticed he had shut the front door.