That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Twenty-First

"Dude! Dude! Lou!" I heard being hollered by a breathless Gerard, running towards the table where I was currently sitting with Ray, discussing how well Frank was doing.
"What? What is it?" I asked worried that something terrible had happened. He grinned widely, asshole.
"We get to share a room for the whole of next week!" he said handing over a sheet of paper, confirming just that.
"Yaay!" I squeaked happily, as did he, a lot of kids didn't end up with who they wanted to be with, so we were lucky.
"You guys are so queer, you know that? Right?" Ray said rolling his eyes.

- Seven Days Later -

"Two thousand, four hundred and twenty-six million bottles of beer on the wall. Two thousand, four hundred and twenty-six million bottles of beer! Pass one round! Glug it down! Two thousand, four hundred and twenty-five million bottles of beer on the wall." Mikey, Ray and Gerard sang loudly at the back of the bus. We were on the top deck, and I had moved away from them to the front, as the noise, and sheer relentlessness got to me. Bob was lucky he was downstairs with Harriett.
"Having fun?" a new presence next to me asked with amusement lingering in his tone of voice.
"Pulling teeth is preferable to this.." I sighed, "And you know what makes it worse?" Frank shook his head, "The fact that they started at Two thousand, five hundred million.." he laughed, his head lulling back onto the seat as he did. "So what compelled you to come up here? Not having enough fun with the barbie girls downstairs? Or have you been sent to survey the losers and report back?" he looked at me seriously.
"You're not a loser.." he turned his head to look up the back of the bus, "They, on the other hand.." I giggled, not becuase I was becoming an infactuated little tweeny, but because I had no energy to laugh. "You're tired." he stated, he had gotten good at instantly recognising how I was feeling lately. It was refreshing.
"Yeah.. you know this will be the first chance I've had to relax since we started back at school. It's just been one thing after the other really.."
"Oh yeah.. like what?"
"Well being lumbered with tutoring you really takes it out of me.." I laughed, but meaning it none the less, "And mom getting engadged and Dad moving, having a shit time at school, and looking out for Mikey.." he smiled, and nodded.
"I have the diagnosis."
"Oh really?" I said sceptically. "And what might that be Dr. Iero?"
"You care too much.. Not one of those things really concerned you.. Most girls are tired because they go out too much, or because they're worrying about what boys think every hour of the day."
"They do concern me." I said semi-defensively, "I have to be the maid of honour for Mom's wedding, so it's been 'dresses this', and 'cake that'.. I haven't even met the guy, it's driving me insane! And Dad moving away, again, New York was far enough, but Seattle is too far, I'll never get to see him now. And school, I've had enough of being the odd one out and more so at being laughed at, and Mikey.. all I do is worry about that kid. He gets picked on so much.."
"Two thousand, four hundred and seventeen million bottles of beer on the wall.."
"Ok, plan Stan.." he said sitting up straight, "This week, forget all about everything. Holiday = fun, and it's three weeks until Christmas what more could you ask for?" Before I could say anything, he had clamped his hand to my mouth. "Just think about it.. Let things go.. Give yourself a break.." he released my mouth, and lowered his hand, "I'd better get back to the barbies.." he sighed with a slight laugh.
"Please, don't leave me with the three stooges!" I whimpered.
"Pass one round! Gulp it down! Two thousand, four hundred and fifteen million bottles of beer on the wall!"
"Hey, if you can't beat em.." he smirked.