That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Twenty-Fifth

"Give me a fucking break, I'm just trying to help!" Frank yelled as he slammed the bathroom cabinet door closed. I was currently standing in the bath, without any trousers on, while we tried to attend to a wound I had aquired at some, very vague, point last night.
"Hurting me isn't helping!" I snapped back loudly. "If you'd just put the antiseptic on it with a bit of cotton wool, then you would be helping. But no! We always fucking have to do it Frank's way.." I said exasperatedly. In anger, he squirted the icy fluid directly into the cut, before throwing the bottle into the bath and exiting the room, with as much door slamming as possible. It was by my doing that all this happened, I couldn't recall exactly how I had ended up sharing a bed with Frank, or why I woke up lacking a shirt. But add lack of caffine and medication, not to mention a huge gash on the back of my thigh ontop of the pile, and it results in the worst hangover ever. "Fuckhead." I growled, gingerly dabbing the, now stinging, open wound. "Ouch.." I winced.
"Can I come in?" Gerard croakily knocked on the bathroom door.
"Yes." I whimpered pathetically as I stepped out of the bath, carefully.
"Jesus Lou, what did you do?" he asked, his eyes scanning over my leg in what could only be described as mild horror.
"Well Dr. Suess.." I remarked, "I don't.. exactly, remember.." I shrugged, "but it really fucking hurts, and Frank is as useless as ever."
"Now, now.. Let's not go insulting your cuddle buddy." he smirked.
"He is not my cuddle buddy Gerard." I said pulling on a pair of boy shorts.
"Who's not who's cuddle buddy?" Mikey said inviting both himself, and Ray into the bathroom.
"No one!" I snapped, pushing past them and crawling into my bed, inabling any light to touch my skin - be it artificial or daylight. I couldn't be dealing with it all today, first the hangover, then not knowing what had happened with Frank, then my leg, then the arguing, then the pain, then, then, then, then, then... and all without caffine or medication. Sleep was the only thing that I could see would resolve this, and lots of it.

The first thing I noticed was the angry, yet hushed voices, bickering with one another. I soon realised it to be Gerard and Frank, I was still completely under the covers so didn't move, I wanted to hear what they were talking about without them knowing I was.
"..for fucksake Frank, you have to tell her before you bottle out for the last time." Gerard growled, Frank sighed heavily.
"I can't, I just.. I don't know how to? Where the fuck do I start? How do I even bring it up - she won't talk to me!"
"You don't exactly make it easy for her though, do you? Just try listening for a change, not everything has to be about you all the time." I was mentally high-fiving Gerard for saying that, it was about time someone let Frank know that his ego stood in the way of everything.
"She's the one who makes me out to be the bad guy."
"You seldom give her reason to think otherwise. Dude, you guys fell out becuase you hurt her and all you've done is been an ass to her for the past 9 years.. What do you honestly expect? For her to roll over and let you tickle her tummy like a good puppy who you can walk when and as you please?" I did everything I could to contain a bout of laughter, it actually caused me physical pain.
"Did you just liken Loubi to a puppy?" Frank said in a perplexed tone of voice, I could even invision the exact look on his face.
"Yeah, I mean she has nice shiny hair, and those big puppy dog eyes.. And that tail of hers, wooowee.." from the thumping noise I heard I knew Frank had punched Gerard in the arm. "Just be nice to her, don't get all.. Frank on her. You barely know each other anymore, it's going to take time, and some fucking hard ass work from you to get things even marginally back the way they were before. Now fuck off and go shower or something, you smell like vodka."
"Thanks man.."
"And you're sleeping in this goddamned bed tonight, and if I pass out in this one again, sleep on the fucking couch." I smiled at his protectiveness. I heard the bathroom door close, but knew Gerard was still in the room, so kept still.
"Woof.. Woof.." he shouted as he pulled the duvet off the bed in one fair swoop, "I saw you trying not to laugh idiot." he grinned as I curled up into a ball on the matress.
"Morph ball aquired." I squeaked as he hit me with a pillow.