That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Third

“So are you going to teach me or are you just going to sit there and text your ‘friends’ for the whole hour?” he said kicking his feet up on the desk. I looked up from my phone, irritated that he assumed that I would actually aid him in furthering his education, when it was only by his own fault that he was stuck here in the first place.

“Frank...” I said leaning forwards onto the desk, setting my phone down beside me, “Do you honestly think that I, am going to help you?” he furrowed his brow. The question was obviously too hard for his narrow, little mind to comprehend.

“But you were told to, and you obviously wouldn’t have gotten up an hour earlier just to sit here and do nothing.” He said with a smirk that read, ‘Ha! I outsmarted you.” Poor thing.

“Mrs. George told you about the door thing right. If I could avoid being locked in a room with you for an hour, believe me I would.” I settled back into my chair and went back to discussing with Gerard what we were going to dress as for an upcoming costume party. After a bought of texting back and forth we settled on Pugsley and Wednesday Adams.

“What’s your opinion on corporal punishment?” he said reading from his text book which he had opened at a random page, not that I had been watching him or anything.

“What?” he sighed, and began to repeat what he had said again.

“What’s your opinion on cor...”

“No, I heard you. But why do you need to know? Surely your answer should be based on your own opinions? Or do your opinions only stretch as far as individuals?” I asked bitterly.

“I don’t have any opinions on it. I don’t even know what it is.” I stared at him blankly; surely he couldn’t be that ignorant on one of our countries most controversial issues.

“You don’t know what it is? You are kidding me right?” he shook his head, “Do you not listen in history class? No, wait, of course you don’t listen in history class, who am I kidding.”

“Hey, hey, hey, can we have less of the insulting Frank’s political knowledge please?” he exclaimed. I laughed defiantly. This coming from the boy who at every opportunity he was given, insulted me in any way possible.

“You insult me everyday at least once, that doesn’t even count as insulting if you add it up.”

“I only insult you because you make it so easy.” He laughed.

“Fuck off Frank.” I scolded at him, wanting nothing more then to hurl my heavy school bag at his perfectly formed head.

“Are you going to tell me what corporal punishment is or not then?” he said grabbing his history book and waving it in the air.

“When you ask nicely, I might...” He flung his book onto the desk, and resumed his feet up on the desk position, putting his hands behind his head and grinding his teeth. I couldn’t help but glance at his muscular arms, adorned with tattoos that varied in colour and design. Before he could catch me objectifying him, I turned my gaze out of the window to survey the kids beginning to arrive at school. My thoughts turned to how Gerard and Mikey were going to get to school when the bell rang, signifying this terrible hour over. I grabbed my bag and headed to the door when Frank spoke up.

“Tallulah,” he said just before I walked out, I turned back to him to see him holding a pen and looking at his book as if it were an extraterrestrial.

“Yes?” I said impatiently.

“Please tell me? This is due after my next class.” He said with a hint of, worry, in his voice. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand, meaning it would ring soon and it would be Gerard, I had no time to write it out or explain it to him or I would be late for my own class, which has never happened yet, my attendance record was pristine. Wanting to leave as quickly as possible, I reached inside my bag and pulled out my history book, and against my better judgement, passed it to him.

“Just don’t fuck it up, or lose it, and don’t copy word for word. Use your godammed brain and give it back to me in class.” He took it from my hand and before he could speak or smile or whatever, I was already half way out of the room, talking to Gerard as I walked briskly to meet him outside the biology lab.