That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Fourth

Biology was as entertaining as always, Mr. Groger droned on in his ever delightful monotone voice about the internal workings of the lower intestines while Gerard napped and Ray and I added humorous caption bubbles through our text books. Ray suggested that I woke sleeping beauty up before the bell went and Groger became more animated then he had been for the duration of the class. I turned to Gerard who was breathing softly, and whose hair had fallen neatly over his face and smiled. All that ruined this picturesque scene was the fact that he was drooling copiously, all over his note book.

”Gerard!” I hissed at him as I prodded his side, “Come on, wake up princess.” He stirred and his hand snapped to his face, his long fingers dragging over his one visible eye.

“Erghhhh.” He groaned mildly, as he lifted his head a slimy web of saliva followed him, stuck to the corner of his mouth and his intestine directory. It was times like this I thanked my mom for teaching me to get to bed early so I didn’t feel like crap throughout the day, and in turn, avoid looking as attractive as Gerard did right now on occasion.

“Marry me Gee.” Ray sniggered as he packed his books into his bag haphazardly. The bell tolled and the kids piled out of the stuffy classroom faster then if it were emblazoned in fire. Ray waved us off as he went to the library to study for his math exam, leaving the two of us to go to history. I liked this class, not only did I find it easy and interesting, I also loved the fact that because it was a mixed grade class, I got to spend it with Mikey as well as Gerard.

“You coming in?” Mikey smiled in a way that made me feel more appreciated then anything in the world. I nodded my head reassuringly.

“I just have to get my book of off Frank before we go in…” I explained to him with a half smile, his face looked confused and he tilted his head like a small puppy, his fringe sweeping across the frame of his glasses.

“You, you gave your book to Frank?” If any one knew of my hatred and impatience of Frank, it was Mikey. As much as I told Gerard, he often didn’t understand why I hated Frank at times, but Mikey did.

”It was the lesser of two evils, believe me.” I laughed. His eyes moved from me, to behind me. I turned to see Frank stalking up the hallway with Louise ’cheersquad’ Hallard, swanning along next to him. A pang of jealousy shot through my stomach, but it passed quickly as the second bell rang startling me. I felt Mikey’s warm hand leave my shoulder and turned to see him walk into the classroom.

“Here’s your book.” Frank’s voice sounded, it had changed a lot over the years I’d known him, but it was how it was now that I liked it the best. I turned but before I could say anything back, he had shoved it into my hands and barged past me through the doorway. Well what did I expect? A bouquet of roses and a kiss on the cheek in thanks? I think not.

The end of the lesson rolled around slower then usual, mostly because we had data check and had to fill out endless sheets of paper with contact information and other seemingly useless information. But before we were released back into the school grounds, Mr. Rodgers went around the class collecting the assignment he set last week. I watched Frank as he handed his in, a smug look of satisfaction plaster over his face. If I didn’t find it so attractive, I’d probably find it sickening, but alas, I had been cursed with finding his vile soul enthralling and boy did I get carried away wi...

“Loubi!” Gerard said flicking my temple and knocking me out of my Frank induced trance, ergh I even made myself sick at times. “Lunch, come on!” he laughed, pulling me up by my arm. Never one to waste a second of his lunch break, we were practically sprinting down the halls to get outside and to our usual spot of the back staircase by the gym. Bob and Ray were already sitting there, Bob tapping away with a pair of drumsticks and Ray buried in a comic book both sitting in the sun drenched area of the staircase. Preferring to retain out pale complexions, Mikey, Gerard and I sat in the shaded, covered area of the stairs to eat our lunches. It was the usual routine; we would open our lunches, trade what we didn’t want for what we did and eat while complaining about our mornings and the prospects of our afternoons before planning our weekends.

“How was tutoring Frank this morning Lou?” Bob asked biting his tongue; he did this when he knew that the answer for the question would be one of distain.

“If by tutoring Frank, you mean getting up an hour early to come to school and text Gee until he got here, then tutoring Frank was great thanks.”

“So you didn’t teach him anything?” Ray laughed, looking up from his comic for the first time since we got here. I thought for a moment and realised that I might’ve taught him something.

“I may have taught him that he has to ask nicely before he gets what he wants, but, I obviously didn’t teach him about saying thank you. Ungrateful, rude basta...”

“So…” Gerard laughed, clapping his hands together, expertly deviating from another ‘I hate Frank’ rant courtesy of me. “What’s happening this weekend?”

“There’s that costume party Saturday night remember?” Mikey grinned, “My costume is so fucking cool, it’s like down to a T.”

“I’m going as Wednesday Adams,” I laughed, “Gerard’s going to be a Pugsly.” I sang, which earned me a bite on the forearm. “Gerard!” I pulled back my arm and inspected the teeth marks, imbedded deeply in maroon in my skin, he giggled innocently.

“Not much of a change for you o'child of darkness and hatred.” Frank said appearing from the side of the staircase.

“So if we’re going as our accurate likenesses, I take it you’ll be going as an ass hole then Frank? It must be a fairly intricate costume you’ll be wearing." I retorted straight off the mark. The guys repressed sniggers and snorts of laughter, which evidently irritated Frank as he snapped instantly.

“I didn’t come to converse with nerds thanks, this is boy talk.”

“Well you’re certainly not a man.” I said under my breath, “I’m going to the library,” I said grabbing my bag and picking it up, hoping that it would swipe Frank’s face as I passed him. Mikey jumped up behind me, grabbing up his books and his jacket that he had just taken off.

“I’m coming with you. See you later guys.” I heard him call behind me, “Loubi! Loubi!” I smiled and stopped to wait for him to catch up. Only he and Gerard called me Loubi. I smiled at him as he ran around in front of me. “Come and play chess?”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” I said holding up my arm for him to link on to.