That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Fifth

"Why do you let him get to you Loubi?" Mikey asked as we picked up our bags to leave the library for our next class. Pretending I didn't hear him in hopes he wouldn't repeat the question, failed miserably.
"Hmm?"
"You heard me, I know you heard me, you know you heard me." I sighed.
"It's not that he gets to me Mikey, it's that I know that it could have been different." he rubbed my back soothingly.
"You think to much."
"I know, that's my problem - I just wish my mind would explode and all my thoughts and feelings would dribble away into the gutter."
"Hey!" he said hitting the back of my head, "Don't ever say things like that dude. I fucking mean it, you," he grabbed my shoulders and shook me, "have, a, brilliant, mind."
"Mikey, milk, coming, back, to, haunt, me." I said jauntily, hoping to god my, well Gerard's, chocolate milk wouldn't resurface. He stopped shaking me and kissed my forhead before hugging me, I hugged him back, tightly. I loved Mikey like a brother, why people had taken to hating him was absurd to me.
"Get a room losers!" a voice boomed from somewhere as a book hit me in the back off the head.
"Thanks! I might!" I yelled after them. Mikey leant down to pick up the book and laughed, "What?" he turned the book around to me and I laughed. "First time sex for Virgins? Would't 'First Time Sex' be explanitory enough?" I pondered aloud. He tapped me on the head with the book, laughing.
"Come on, you have to go 'teach' Frank, or you'll be late. And I don't want you any given lunch detentions."
"I'll run there just for you." I kissed his cheek and began my, relatively, short run across campus.

I tapped the back of my head on the back support of my chair as I did calculations in my head. "756, what do you know." I said outloud unknowingly, as I sarcastically named the number of tiles after counting them, again.
"What?" Frank said looking up at me from scratching his desk, fourtunately I had gotten here before him so had gotten the teachers desk, and padded desk chair.
"What, what?"
"You said 756."
"I did?" he nodded.
"Why?"
"What?" I said impatiently, not being able to process thought properly.
"Why did you say 756, surely there must've been a reason for it. You've been staring into nothing for the past half hour." he said with a hint of bewilderment. Wait? He'd been watching me?
"Oh, yeah. I was counting the roof tiles again."
"Again?"
"Double checking that I counted them right the first two times time."
"And?"
"I was right."
"756 huh." he said staring at the ceiling.
"Shouldn't you be, working? Or something?"
"Oh, yeah, I guess."
"Well, get on with it then."
"Shouldn't you be working?"
"I finished that assignment two weeks ago." I said glancing at his mathmatics book.
"Somebody obviously doesn't get out much." he said under his breath.
"I'll pretend I didn't hear that."
"Hear what?" he smirked.
"Touche." Dammit. Why was I flirting with him? Well, I presume that was what I was doing, having never actually been aware of conciously flirting before in my life. "J-Just get on with it." I said putting an end to this stupid one statement dance we'd been doing for the past few minutes.

Ten minutes had passed when he decided to avert from his work again. "So, did you like, actually count them one by one, three times?"
"Hmm?" I said looking up from a sketch I was currently working on for art. "Uh, twice."
"But I thought you said you were double checking that you did it right the first two times?" he actually had listened, and taken note of, what I had said to him.
"That's right. I double checked by dividng 756 by the number of tiles that lined the width of the room, which is 21, and got 56. Then I multiplied 56 by 21, and got 756. It's a division calculation."
"A wha?" I stood from my chair and walked over to him, picking up his math text book from under his notebook and slamming it on the desk, turning to one of the first, and most basic, sections of the book.
"A division calculation.. Let me guess, you skipped this class? Slept in it? Went out and partied instead of studied?"
"Probably.." he said. Was that a hint of, humility, in his voice I heard there? I actually felt sorry for, no, compelled to help him somewhat. I pulled a chair round and sat opposite him at his desk. "What are you doing?" he asked, more then likey afraid I was going to give him a lecture on the benefits of studying.
"Against all my better judgement, and Mikey, I'm going to help you Frank, becuase honestly, this is pityful."
"Oh thanks."
"No, don't thank me now, thank me when you've learnt something and then used it to your advantage. Now," I said taking a pen from his desk and tearing a sheet of paper from his book, "Math wise, what do you know?"
"Uhh..." I could tell that was the wrong way to ask the question to get the answers I wanted.
"Ok, tell me what you don't know."