That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Sixth

In half an hour, I had succesfully taught Frank how to do a divisional calculation, and to my amazement, he seemed to take it onboard. I had also established that he didn't know how to confidently multiply, use fractions or understand algebra. Thank god triginometry was a seperate class. I had also helped him complete the first half of his, half started, assignment. The clock hit 4.30 and my `
"But why? They'll see this and have proof I can do it." he said assuredly.
"No," I corrected him, "They'll see it and have proof you can write things down neatly. Even your working out is copied from what I showed you, you need to understand it so when you're tested on it, they see first hand that there is no way you could have cheated. And more so, just because it's basic math and you should know it anyway." I swiped my card and opened the door, walking out into the cold halls. Walking up to my car I noticed some kids lying on my bonnet, "Oi!" I yelled, sitting up, I realised that it was Gerard and Mikey. They both waved innocently and I ran over to them. "What are you doing?" I said as I dumped my bag into the car.
"Waiting for you to take us home." Gerard smiled as he clambered into the passenger seat, and Mikey hopped into the back.
"Pathetic." I sighed with a broad grin.

"Hello?" I said groggily into my phone, after retrieving it from under my pillow.
"Thisisyour7amwakeupcallcourtesyoftheoneandonlygerardway.."
"Erghhh..." I groaned, rolling my head under the pillow, realising that it was an alarm signal that Gerard had made for me. After having a shower and deeming myself acceptable, I put on a mid-sleeve Smiths shirt, tight fit black skinnys and grey fluffy boots. Grabbing my bag, coat and scalf on the way out, Mum threw me an apple as she got into her car, and I got into mine.

Having stopped on the way to get a very large coffee and a box of donuts I could give to the guys at break, I was a very happy girl. I swiped my card and let myself into our designated class, still not happy about having to do this, the coffee and peace and quite made it slightly better. I sipped on my luciously hot mocha, while reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, when Frank blundered into the room, earphones blaring and hair all over his face, sopping wet. I knew it looked as if it was going to rain. "Did yo-"
"Before you ask, yes I read over it. I had to blow off a fucking date to do it so it better fucking pay off."
"It will so long as you took it in- hang on a minute. You blew off a date to do your homework?" I asked, dumbfounded. He looked nervous for a second, before stiffening up.
"Ub, uh, my dad made me.."
"Ok, I'm just glad you did read over it, it means I don't have to teach it to you again." he threw his coat over the desk next to his and noisily sat down in his seat, "It's due this afternoon, so you better get it finished, where'd you get up to last night?" I asked, picking up his book carefully. He looked at me quizically.
"You like the Smiths?"
"They're my favourite band, why? Do you have a problem with them too?"
"No as it happens. Look, why are you helping me?" he asked, straight to the point.
"Becuase I don't like wasting my time, or my phone credit for that matter, and this is the only way to avoid both." I lied partly, the truth be told, I actually wanted to help him, maybe it might even stop him being so much of a pig towards me all the time.