That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Seventh

Today had been a hideously boring, and uneventful day. It had rained, non-stop all day, so we retreated to the library and got an a.v kid to set up a tv so we could watch a movie, as sport would definately be cancelled as it was track - and having rained all day, the course would be flooded. I was currently curled up on a stack of beanbags with Gerard, my head on his stomach, fast asleep. But it didn't last long as Frank burst into the room, waking me up with a start. "Is she in here?!" he asked frantically.
"What?" Gerard and Ray both asked together, annoyed they were missing their movie, I lifted my head and turned to look at Frank, who looked red and puffed in the face and was clutching a plastic sleeve.
"Look over this." he said throwing it down infront of me.
"What? Why?" I asked with a scratchy, barely there but still noticably annoyed, voice.
"Because I have to hand it in in fifteen minutes and I don't want there to be any mistakes."
"Frank, I'm not going to look over it." I said flinging it back at him pathetically, curling back up to Gerard who positioned his arm back around my waist.
"Why not?! I need you to!"
"You don't me to look over it." I said simply.
"Why?!"
"I have faith in you, use the force, go forth and prosper." I said waving him away with blatent disregard to his frantic, flustered, presence. Upon hearing the door close apruptly, I knew he had left, so relaxed. I always tensed up when he was around, I sware I was develloping muscle stress from being alone in a room with him for two hours a day.
"Wow." Bob and Mikey said in unison.
"Dude, you fully stood up to Frank - and so lazily too!" Ray smirked with glee.
"I told you yesterday, he needs to learn how to ask nicely before he gets what he wants." I said sitting up, any chances of more sleeping on these strangely comfortable bean bags was now gone forever. Bob laughed.
"So, as it appears, your teaching him with stuff he should have learnt from his classes,"
"Yes?" I said, not really knowing where he was going with this tangent of thought.
"But in actuality, you're teaching him morals and ethics subliminally." I thought about it for a second and realised he was completely right. I guess I was imposing onto him morals, and common courtesy values without even realising, what just happened being a prime example.
"Awww," Gerard said ruffling my hair, "My little mind melder mommy." he cooed.

Still ridiculously tired, when I got to the classroom and sat in the teachers chair, I folded my arms on the desk and cradled my head on them, slowly falling into sleep while I waited for Frank to arrive.

"Tallulah," a voice echoed through my head, "Tallulah are you alive?", the sensation of rocking followed, this was certainly a strangely real dream - even if I wasn't seeing anything but purple and blue. "Seriously, are you ok? Wake up." the voice seemed to say adamently. "Tallulah!"
"Eh!" I shot up, my eyes opening and the light burning them immedeately. "What? What's happening. Huh?"
"You were asleep when I got here, but it's nearly 4.30." It took a second for my eyes to adjust and realise that I was in the presence of Frank.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked annoyed that he'd let me sleep while I should have been teaching him something useful.
"Let me think, peace and quiet for an hour or you rambling on about me being rude this afternoon?"
"Oh! So you acknowledge you were rude then?"
"What? I didn't say that."
"Well if you apologise then I may be more inclined to forget it."
"But I didn't do anything!" he protested thickheadedly.
"Exactly Frank! You barged into that room expecting me to help you without so much as a please or a thank you for helping you to do it in the first place! Now, either you learn to be polite and have some fucking courtesy or these lessons are going to get very boring, and very tedious very quickly. See you in the morning." And with that I swiped my card, and left. Why had I all of a sudden gained the ability to stand up to Frank? Was it becuase I knew that he needed my help and I was getting off on the fact that he wanted it? That I had something over him. Or was it becuase by condesending him made me feel better for all of the years of pain he's put me through. Either way, it was a good feeling. Like I finally had some control over my life.