Status: On Hiatus until Mid-Late November

Underdog

Nine

“Sorry I was so jealous before Carla. I just, I mean after that kiss I couldn’t stop these feelings coming back I had in school and I was going to tell you the kiss did mean something but I took it really hard when I heard you moved on.” Josh looked at Carla and started to mess with the back of his hair.

“I wished you would just have spoken to me about it Josh other than getting all pissy with me then ignoring me.” Carla fumbled with the sleeves of her jumper, the sudden confidence now wearing off. This made Josh smile inside, as he knew her confidence was fading and the sixteen year old girl he was knew was now standing in front of him.

“What I said Carla, I meant it. It’s kinda pathetic it’s taken me four to five years to tell you this and it’s taken a falling out to make me realise I had to grow and pair and let you know how special you are to me.” Josh smiled and tucked a piece of brown hair away from Carla’s face. Carla smiled and looked down to the floor, feeling her cheeks warm slightly at the act of affection.

“I have some down time between two shows tomorrow, let’s say me and you go and get some food, as a date? It doesn’t have to go any further than that if you don’t want to. I just want one chance to redeem myself.” Josh spoke again and looked at Carla with a hopeful glimmer in his eyes.

“Only if you get rid of that one date thing, I think I can suffer through some more.” Carla beamed and laughed a little as did the taller male standing in front of her.

“Let’s go on the bus before someone has a hissy fit,” Josh said wrapping an arm round Carla’s waist, she smiles on the inside and out before cracking a joke.

“Oh come on we both know it was you who was the one running around like a headless chicken thinking I had been abducted by aliens or something.”

“I just like to know you’re safe, I want to protect you meaning I obviously care more.” Josh blushed.

“The others just know I can take care of myself. Remember that one show in London when that guy would not leave me alone and I ended up kneeing him in the groin?” Carla laughed at the memory which was distinct in her brain.

“How could I forget? You got us kicked out of the venue.”

“Luckily it didn’t damage the bands rep.” Just as she spoke, Carla stepped on the bus and she felt a slight chill as Josh removed his arm from her, also removing the body heat which was radiating off his body.

“Ah the wanderer returns,” Max exclaimed on seeing his older sister and band mate walk in to the front lounge.

“Sorry, I just had some business to take care of,” Carla explained apologetically and took a seat on one of the sofas, quickly snuggling in to Josh’s side the moment his body plopped down next to hers.

“So things are cool now?” Matt asked eying up the couple with his eyebrows raised. The whole band sighed with relief when Josh and Carla nodded.

“Thank goodness, I couldn’t stand it being awkward for one more day!” Dan wailed throwing his hands up in the air for extra dramatic effect.

“So where did you go?” Chris asked carefully as to not spit out whatever food was in his mouth. Carla wrinkled her nose slightly at the action before turning to all the boys giving them her full attention.

“I talked to my mum, told her what happened, she just told me to go with it. I mean she likes Josh and reminded me I was the one who was telling her to take the plunge with Richard and told me to take my own advice for once.”

“I like your mum so much more now,” Josh beamed, his face starting to ache from the smile but he couldn’t find it in him to lower it.

“I agree she is pretty fit,” Dan added getting a slap on the arm from Max for the remark.

“Do you mind, that’s our mum you’re talking about, oh and Josh I love you and all but that is still my older sister yeah?” Josh nodded a response letting Max knew he understood and held on to Carla tighter as he felt a shudder go through her.

“I swear you are the coldest person I have ever met in the temperature way, not the other way,” Josh said slipping his other arm round Carla holding her close to him.

“I did run out in only a tank top,” Carla argued yawning a little.

“Your problem hun,” Josh joked and let his body relax.

“You have two shows tomorrow you should go to bed and rest.” Carla sat up and smiled, signaling she wanted to cuddle in a bunk. Josh nodded, knowing what she meant and the two said their good nights before doing the necessary bedtime routine. Carla climbed in Josh’s bunk which was slightly bigger and Josh got in after her, immediately putting his arms round the smaller female and falling in to a peaceful slumber, both parties feeling somewhat complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the wait but inspiration is low at the moment.