Status: Writing a new chapter!

It's Easier to Run

Unexpected Places.

Roxas sighed and disassembled the pen he was using to take notes for the fourth time this class hour. Normally physics wasn't so boring, but today was definitely an exception. Finally the bell rang and he heaved a grateful sigh, stuffing his notebook into his checkered messenger bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He had German next hour and wanted to get there slightly early in order to detail a few things on the large map of 'Deutschland' he had to recreate for a grade.

…or that was his intention, anyways, until he was slammed against a tan locker.

Roxas was annoyed by this point. Every other day he was subjected to this, and it was getting old. "Fuck off, Seifer." He growled, not caring that the older boy was holding his arms in a vice grip, and struggled slightly.

"Only if it's you." Seifer retorted automatically. Before the beanie-wearing senior could pull any other tricks, Roxas kneed him in the groin and wiggled away from where the other had been pinning him against the wall.

"Get new comebacks!" Roxas called over his shoulder as he sped down the hallway, wondering where Rai and Fuu, Seifer's groupies, were. That disturbance had interrupted his quick pace, and he would now arrive just before the bell. He swore under his breath as he turned a corner and discovered where Rai and Fuu were.

Blocking his way into the classroom. How original. The girl was looking idly around for Roxas and Rai was taking his job far too seriously, employing the use of binoculars in a hallway where the only thing to focus on would be female anatomy. Unfortunately, Fuu saw the only checkered messenger bag in school dodge back around the corner. "There." She pointed, causing Rai to focus in Roxas's direction with the binoculars.

"Where? I don't see the squirt…" Fuu snatched the binoculars away and threw them into Rai's open locker before pointing again and turning the corner, revealing Roxas leaning against the lockers as he waited for them to get to class.

"Ah, Rai, Fuu! Nice to see you. I just saw Seifer too, actually, but he seemed to be a bit ill…you might want to go check on him."

"Nice try, blondie."

Roxas turned around as Seifer walked up, limping slightly. "You're gonna pay for that, Roxy." He growled.

The younger shrugged again. "Well, it's not as though I hurt your chances of having children, so no harm done." He attempted ducking past the duo, failing miserably when Fuu grabbed his collar and held him there with her superwoman strength. She deposited him into Seifer's control before dragging Rai off as he screamed "Don't dis Seifer, y'know?"

"I thought I turned you down." Roxas hissed as the late bell rang. "Get away from me."

"I don't like taking no for an answer." Seifer responded, pressing him once again against the lockers and making sure Roxas had no way to escape this time. It was noticed immediately.

"Fucking get away from me!" Roxas shouted before Seifer muffled him with his mouth, taking advantage of the shouting to explore the cavern the younger blonde had left open for him. After a few minutes, he broke away with a triumphant grin as Roxas glared at him.

"Be glad I didn't keep you for longer." He commented offhandedly, placing a pink late pass into Roxas's half-open hand. "Get to class."

"I'd be there already if it weren't for you." He snapped back, receiving a glare from the older student as a warning not to mouth off. He stalked down the hallway and into German, giving the teacher the late pass and slamming into his seat.

His day had been going so well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, it was the end of the day. Roxas finished getting his homework from his locker before exiting the school and getting on the 3:45 bus bound for the stop that was a three minute walk from his house. On the way, he realized he was visiting Axel in less than an hour. He played with the bus pass in his hands as he thought of the fact that this was the first time he would be going to a friend's house since middle school.

Using the rest of his time, he thought of Naminé. She had been, and still was, his closest friend. He was sure that he was still hers as well, but her busy schedule restricted them from hanging out very often. He dug through his bag and pulled out a black cell phone with a silver X-shaped design on the cover and texted her, asking how everything was going with her art program and school in general. He didn't expect a reply back for a while, so he was surprised when he got a message back in less than a minute.

Hey Roxas! Art's going fine, we're learning more pottery techniques right now, and things are okay at school. How're things in Twilight? <3/Nami

He smiled; she had replied right away, so she was either not very busy or very excited to talk to him if she was skipping out on her normal after school sketching. He typed rapidly on the keypad, forming a response.

Twilight's fine, Seifer's being his normal self and classes are okay. I met this guy who lives above me named Axel, and he seems nice, but pushy. I'm gonna hang out with him tonight. ~rox~

Roxas sent his message and sat back, knowing Naminé would reply quickly. Sure enough, he was soon flipping open his phone to read the response.

Oh, Roxas! I'm SO glad you're making friends. Seifer had better behave himself. I hope you're wearing something nice. <3/Nami

Roxas blushed a little at her last comment.

I hurt his chances of ever having children today. It's not a date, Nami. ~rox~

Regardless. Just keep Seifer away and you'll be fine. And I'll be expecting an update telling me how tonight went. ;] <3/Nami

Riiiight, Namine. ~rox~


She was ridiculous! Roxas had only really talked to him once, and that was only last night!

…but she was usually right, so Roxas checked quickly to make sure his jeans and black high-collared shirt were acceptable. After passing inspection, the bus pulled to his stop and he hopped off, walking straight toward the building with the first true smile he'd worn in a while decorating his face.

In the most unexpected places, I see changes.