Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Months

Months.

Months have gone by, and still no word on my family. I was walking down to the diner to meet up with some friends. I definitely wasn't going to be like Bella and leave everything behind just because I got my heart broken. If everyone did that, then our world would suck more than it already does. "Dylan!" I looked down the street to see Mike waving like an idiot trying to get my attention. I laughed, and ran the rest of the way. I jumped on him.

"Hiya Mike!" I yelled. I jumped off, and tackled Eric into a hug, then gathered Tyler, Jessica, and Angela into a hug also. The group of friends have become like my older siblings, and I loved them to death. They know not to bring up the Cullens around me, and I thank them for it. We huddled inside the diner, laughing, talking, and in Eric and Mike's case, shoving blue berry pie in each other's face.

"Hey you guys. Why are you hanging with Cullen?" I heard a voice sneer behind me. I felt my eyes brim with tears, but I blinked them back.

"Lauren, leave her alone," Mike said. I noticed Jessica staying silent since Lauren was her friend. Lauren sighed.

"Alright, yeah. Sorry Dylan. Anyway, do you guys want to head down to the beach?" She asked us. We all looked at each other, and shrugged.

"Sure."

"Alright, let's go," Lauren said. We all grabbed our jackets, and followed Lauren out to a black truck. Lauren got in the passenger seat, and the rest of us climbed in the back. The person driving drove off really fast, making my long blond hair blow in the wind. I laughed when a piece of Angela's hair flew into Eric's eye, making him scream in pain like a little girl.

"It wasn't funny guys," he pouted, making us laugh more.

"Yeah it was," I laughed. He lightly smacked my head. The person driving took a sharp turn, making us all crash into the side of the truck. "Dude, who's the loser driving?" I asked. Tyler shrugged.

"Not sure," he said. We reached the beach, and the loser driving slammed on the breaks, making us face plant into the bed of the truck. I groaned, and stood up, jumping out of the truck as soon as I could.

"Dylan?!" I heard someone shout. I looked down at the beach, and saw my friend Jacob Black.

"Jake!" I screamed, and and ran down the grassy hill to the sand and jumped on Jake, which took us both down into the salty water. I spit water out of my mouth, and laughed, Jacob joining me.

"You look so different since the last time I saw you," he pointed out. It was true. My hair grew longer, my cheeks were no longer as chubby, I grew a few inches and was now standing at a comfortable 5 foot 5. I look skinnier, but not the anorexic skinny. I laughed.

"You do too, Jake," I said, and looked at his long hair.

"Paul, calm down," I heard someone say from the sand. I turned my head to see three tough looking guys. Two of them were trying to hold back one, who looked very angry. I heard Jake sigh, and turned my head.

"What?" I asked him.

"I hate those guys," he muttered.

"Why they look nice," I said. I looked over at them, and my eyes locked with the hot one that was being held back. I smiled at him, and he smiled slightly back.

"Dylan, we aren't here to swim!" I heard Eric yell. I glared over at him.

"Bite me loser!" I yelled, and got up out of the water. I wrung out my hair, then walked up to the group of guys that were now joined with my friends. "Thanks Jake. Now I'm freezing," I said, and smacked him.

"Hey, I'm not the one who jumped on you, and dragged you down into the water," he retorted. I opened my mouth to argue, then shrugged.

"True," I said, gaining laughter from the group. The hot, muscular guy shrugged off his black jacket, and handed it to me. "Thanks," I said, sliding it on.

"No problem. I'm Paul," he said, holding out his hand. I shook it.

"I'm Dylan," I said. I stared into his eyes, and wondered why I was feeling a sharp pull towards him. He smiled.

"You wanna go take a walk?" He asked. I nodded.

"Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter to the sequel of Adopted By The Cullens? Sweet! Hope everyone liked and the next chapter should be up tomorrow.