Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Break Ups and Crash

I was on my way to La Push to get my stuff that I left there. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, and got out of the car. Hayley was already there, and gave me a hug.

“Eww, no offense sweetheart, but you smell bad.” She said her nose scrunched in disgust.

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks so much.” I said sarcastically, and walked inside with Hayls right behind me. Paul looked over at me, and his nose also scrunched.

“You smell.” He chuckled, and then kissed the top of my head. He pulled away suddenly. “How many leeches were you with?” He growled.

I glared at him. “Those leeches you’re talking about happen to be my family.” I snapped.

“They’re back?” He yelled.

I nodded. “Yeah, what’s your point?”

“I thought they left for good. I don’t want you hanging around them.” He said.

My jaw dropped. “Excuse me? What gives you the right to tell me who I can and can’t hang out with?!”

“They’re dangerous! What if they hurt you?!”

I groaned. “They will not hurt me!”

“How do you know that?! Did you think they would leave you?! Look what happened there!” He yelled at me.

My eyes widened, and started watering. “I can not believe you just brought that up. What is so wrong about me being with my family?!” I screamed.

“You know what? I don’t think I can be with a leech lover. I don’t know how Jake does it!” He screamed back, and stormed into the woods.

I stood there, shocked. Did he just….break up with me? The pack just stood there, watching the events unfold between Paul and me. “Dyls, honey, are you okay?” Hayley asked, walking towards me.

I took in a shaky breath. “Uh, yeah, I’ll be, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Umm, I’m just going, going to go.” I stuttered out, barely able to talk through the lump forming in my throat.

“Dylan, please wait for a second.” She pleaded. I just shook my head. “He didn’t mean it!” She screamed.

I got into my car, and sped away, the tears streaming down my face. He. Broke. Up. With. Me. I never thought that I would ever feel a pain like this in my heart. Wait, what heart? He took it with him and is probably stomping on it. Anything to hurt the leech lover.

I screamed out in frustration. Anger. Hurt. Abandonment. The tears just flowed faster, further clouding my already blurred vision. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand, and then heard a car horn. I took my hand away from my eyes. I didn’t have enough time to move out of the way of the car.

VAMPIRE

Ryan James stood there, and watched as the two cars collided. The sound was deafening. Metal hitting metal. Ryan closed his eyes, waiting for the sight to be over. He heard the cars flipping, screams erupting from both of them.
Three hearts beating was what he heard before the wreck.
One heart beating was what he heard after. That one heart beat was fading quickly. He had to move fast, or the human had no chance of survival. He rushed over to the car with the still beating heart. The green Lamborghini.

He pulled the bloody, beaten blond out of the car. He looked over her wounds quickly, his golden eyes scanning her. He concluded that there was no possibility of her surviving the trip to a hospital. He picked up her unbroken arm, and bit down on her wrist, trying to hit the main veins to get the venom in her system faster. He tilted her head slightly, and bit down on her neck. He pulled back, thankful he had the strength to pull away.

He gasped silently as all of the blond’s memories flashed through his head. That was his power. Gaining the memories and thoughts of those he bit or fed off of. It was the reason he stopped feeding off of humans. The small human’s eyes opened, revealing the most stunning hazel eyes. Her eyes locked with his, and he saw the pain quickly wash through them and she screamed.

DYLAN

I screamed. Screaming was the only thing I felt like I could do as the burning pain washed through me. It felt like flames were inside of me, melting and burning everything they touched. I turned my head slightly, trying to let my blurry eyes take in what happened. Trying to figure out why I was on the ground. Why my car was on its side with flames dancing around it. Why there was another car flipped upside down. Why there was a golden eyed vampire leaning over me. Wait, what?

I focused with the last will power I had over my burning body to look at the vampire. Did he save me? Cause the wreck? Kill the other people? Are the other people still-. My train of thought was cut short as the flames finally reached my heart. I screamed again, my back arching to the pain. Would someone please just kill me? Now?

CULLENS

A couple minutes after Bella took a vote to make her a vampire, her phone rang. Everyone gathered around as Hayley explained what happened between Paul and Dylan. “So she just…drove off?” Bella asked.

Yeah, she was majorly upset. I’ve never-” Hayley stopped herself.

“Hayley?” Bella questioned.

Bella, I smell blood. A lot of blood.” Hayley said, her voice shaking.

“Do you recognize it?”

Yes, it smells like Dylan.”