Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Half-vampire

“Ow.” I whined as the pain in my ribs started to hit full force now that the venom was almost completely out of my system.

“What did I say about talking?” Ryan asked from the tree he was leaning on.

I sighed. “Not to do it.” I muttered.

“Good, now will you actually do what you’re supposed to do for once?” He asked, getting up, and grinning down at me.

I glared up at him. “You’re an ass.” I said.

He chuckled. “Thanks.”

He sat back down against a tree, and I moved slightly to try to get comfortable, when I heard Ryan start to growl.

“What?” I asked, leaning up on my good elbow.

He looked around, moving slowly towards me until he was crouching over me. “There’s a vampire heading this way.” He growled between clenched teeth.

I gasped, and looked around, sniffing the air. “Wait, Ryan, I recognize the scent.” I said. I thought about it for a couple seconds then a giant grin broke across my face. “It’s Emmett.” I whispered. “Ryan, help me sit up against a tree.”

“Why?” He asked, but helped me anyway.

“Cause, I’m gonna scream his name and that would be quite difficult on the ground.”

He chuckled. “Okay, go for it.”

I smiled, and took in a deep breath. “EMMETT!”

EMMETT

Emmett sighed as he finished off his third deer. He would rather be hunting a bear but he wanted to stay close to Forks incase someone got word on Dylan. He dropped the deer, and took a deep breath. His eyes widened as he caught scent of a vampire. He took off in that direction.

His blood ran cold and if his heart was still beating, it would’ve stopped as a scream pierced the air. “EMMETT!”

“Dylan? Dylan!” He yelled, and ran as fast as he could in the direction of Dylan’s scream. He skidded to a stop in a meadow. He saw Dylan leaning against a tree.

She looked over at him and smiled brightly. “Emmett!” She yelled happily.

Emmett sighed in relief and ran over to her, falling to his knees beside her. “Dylan, oh my
God, are you alright? Are you hurt?” He rushed questions at her.

Dylan laughed softly, and then winced, clutching at her side. “I’m fine, Em. Just a few broken bones from the wreck. Nothing major.”

Emmett looked up at the vampire by her side. “Who are you?” He asked.

The vampire smiled. “My name is Ryan. I witnessed the wreck, and decided to change her to keep her alive.” He said.

Emmett’s eyes widened and he looked over at Dylan. “But….Her eyes….They’re still hazel.” He stuttered.

Dylan shrugged. “I must be a freak because the venom reacted differently with me. I’m only a half vampire. Almost as strong and fast as any vampire, but not as indestructible. I also age.” She said, moving slightly. “Ow.” She yelped.

“What? What is it? What hurts?” Emmett asked, looking at Dylan.

She laughed painfully. “My arm. I just smacked it against the tree.” She said.

Emmett carefully picked her up. “Come on; let’s go home so Carlisle can look at you.” He stated walking off, and then stopped, turning around. “Are you coming? You saved her life. Everyone will want to thank you.” He said to Ryan.

Ryan smiled. “Thank you.” He said, and ran behind Emmett towards the house.

DYLAN

I sighed, and wrapped my good arm around Emmett’s neck as he breezed through the trees. My eyes stayed open, as I gazed at my surroundings with my new eyes. Well, if you could technically call them new. I could smell everything better, I could see everything better.
Everything looked so much brighter. Clearer. It took my breath away.

We came up to the house, I smiled. Emmett walked through the door. “Carlisle!” He yelled.

He ran down stairs. “What is it Em-. Dylan?”

I smiled. “Hi daddy.” I whispered.

He smiled brightly, and ran over. “Oh, my baby girl.” He whispered, rubbing my cheek softly with his thumb.

Emmett grinned. “Carlisle, we have a story for you about our little Dylan.”

He looked at me, confused. “What is it, baby girl?” He asked.

I bit my lip slightly. “Daddy, I’m a half vampire.”