Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Promises and The Truth

That night when Bella got home she was telling me about she realized when she did stupid shit, she would see Edward. I looked at her sadly. "Bell, you can't do that. Do you really think he would want you too?" I tried reasoning with her. She glared at me slightly.

"What do you know?" She asked, and got in her bed, her back towards me, and ignored me for the rest of the night.

I woke up at about 3 A.M. I grabbed a sweater and walked outside, and just sat on the front porch. I looked down at the Cullen crest necklace that I got before they left, and clutched it tightly, letting the tears that I have been holding in fall. "You promised," I whispered, thinking about Emmett, and just sobbed. I curled up on a chair on the porch, and cried my self to sleep, holding tightly to my necklace.

*Beep Beep*

I opened my eyes groggily, and fished for my phone in my sweatpants pocket. I opened the phone, and saw a text message from Paul.

Good morning. I smiled.

Morning. We still on for lunch? I put the phone up, and stretched. I looked around, and yawned. "How the fuck did I get out here?" I asked myself. I walked back inside to see Bella making breakfast. She smiled apologetically at me.

"Dyls...I'm so sorry about last night," she said. I waved my hand dismissively.

"Don't worry about it," I said, and traveled up the stairs to get dressed for my date with Paul.

I sat on the bed and slipped on my knee high black converse, stood up and put on my black leather jacket, then walked down the stairs after grabbing my bag. When I walked back into the kitchen, Bella looked me up and down. "Going somewhere?" I smiled.

"I have a date," I said. She smiled at me.

"With who?" She asked.

"He lives in La Push, and his name is Paul Parker," I said, still smiling.

"Well, I hope you have fun. Oh, what time will you be home?" I thought about it for a second.

"Not sure. I'll call when I'm on my way," I said, and hugged her. "Love you Bells," I said.

"Love you too, Dyls," she smiled. I smiled back, and ran towards the door, grabbed my skateboard, and skated to the La Push diner.

PAUL

Paul sat at the diner, waiting for Dylan to show up. He was thinking about how he was going to tell her that he was a werewolf, or shape-shifter. He sighed, and ran a hand over his face is frustration. What if she ran away screaming, and never talked to him again? She was his imprint. He wouldn't be able to handle not having her in his life now. He heard the door open, and saw her walk in wearing knee high converse, a white dress with a leather jacket and sunglasses. She saw him, and smiled brightly, and walked over. She sat down across from him.

"Alright, let's have lunch, and then I'll explain everything," he said. She nodded. They ate their lunch quickly, and walked down to the beach. They sat on a bench, and Paul faced Dylan. "Please, don't run away after I tell you this," he said.

"I won't Paul," she said softly, grabbing his warm hand with her cooler one. He sighed.

"Have you ever heard the Quilette legends?" He asked. She nodded. "The protectors of La Push are real. I'm one of them. I'm a shape-shifter," he said quietly. He looked at Dylan, expecting her to run away, but what he saw shocked him. She was smiling softly at him. She leaned in, and pressed her cool lips to his warm cheek.

"I'm not going to run away, because I have something to tell you too," she whispered, and bit her bottom lip slightly. "Last year I was adopted by the Cullens," she said quietly.

"Why aren't you with them?" He asked, trying to hold his temper at the thought of leeches ever being near her.

"They left a few months ago, and didn't take me with them," she said softly, as if it hurt her to say those words. He placed his hand on her cheek.

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely. She chuckled.

"It's ok. If they would've taken me with them, I wouldn't have met you," she said. Paul smiled brightly.

DYLAN

Paul smiled, and I smiled back. "You wanna go take a walk on the beach?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my hand, and we walked in the sand, hand-in-hand. I felt something cool hit my cheek, so I looked up as it started raining. I laughed. "You wanna head in?" Paul asked.

"Aww. Does Paul not like the rain?" I asked in a baby voice with a smile on my face. He raised an eyebrow at me. I laughed again, and started to walk forward but a soft tug on my arm stopped me. I turned around, and his lips collided with mine. My eyes widened, then slowly closed, and I kissed back. My hands made their way up his chest, and around his neck, to pull him closer towards me. His arms wrapped around my waist protectively. We stayed like that for a couple seconds, then pulled away slowly, looking into each other's eyes.

"I forgot to tell you something," Paul said. I tilted my head slightly. "I imprinted on you," he said.

"What does imprinting mean?" I asked, my arms still around his neck, and his still wrapped protectively around my waist.

"Finding your soul mate," he whispered, and kissed me again. I smiled into the kiss, and kissed back. We heard someone whistle, and pulled away slightly. I turned my head to see the two guys that were with Paul that one day on the beach. Paul growled slightly, and I grabbed his hand to hopefully keep him calm.

"Did you tell her?" One of them asked. Paul nodded. "Alright. I'm Jared," he said, holding out his hand. I shook it.

"Dylan." The other one walked up, and I shook his hand also.

"Sam." I smiled at both of them. "Paul we need you for a patrol," Sam said.

"Right now?" Paul asked. Sam nodded.

"Go," I whispered. He looked down at me, and laced his fingers with mine.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. He sighed, and kissed me. "I'll call you later," he said, and ran off with Jared and Sam. I sighed, and pulled out my phone, and called Bella.

"Hello?"Bella asked.

"Hey, B," I said.

"Hey Dyls. You on your way home?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if you could pick me up?" I asked.

"Sure. I'm in La Push anyway,"she said.

"Why are you in La Push?" I asked.

"Hanging out with Jake. So how did your date go?" I smiled.

"It went great."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, messages, and subscribers make me happy. Thanks.