Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Meeting Hayley

It was now the night of the bon fire, and I was flipping since I didn't know what to wear. A let out a little scream of frustration, and practically tore my closet apart. "Hey Dyls," Bella said, poking her head in the door. "Dylan! What the hell are you doing?" She laughed.

"I don't know what to wear!" I whined. She laughed, and grabbed something that I didn't see.

"Wear this," she said, and smiled. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You had this all planned," I accused, snatching the bikini, shirt, and shorts out of her hands. She laughed again. I looked at her, and noticed that her eyes had that light they used to have before Edward left. Jacob Black was doing her good. I walked into the bathroom and got changed.

I slipped on my black knee high converse, put on my necklace, placed my red sunglasses on top of my head, and slipped my phone in my shorts pocket. I stuffed a jacket in my bag and my I pod touch. I looked in the mirror, and struck a stupid pose. "Oh yeah. I look good," I said, and walked down the steps. "Hey Bells!" I shouted.

"Yeah?" She shouted back.

"Could you drop me off at the beach?" I asked.

"Sure," she said from right behind me. I screamed, and turned around, holding my chest.

"Jesus Christ! What the fuck, B?" I said. She laughed.

"Sorry, Dyls. I thought you heard me," she said in between laughter. I grumbled a response. She grabbed her keys and a light jacket. We hopped into her loud- ass truck, and she drove to La Push. I looked in the bed of the truck, and gasped.

"Motor bikes?" I asked. She looked at me with a small smile.

"It seemed like fun, and I'm going to ask Jake to help me fix them up, and teach me how to ride," she said.

"I call dibs on being taught next," I said. She smiled. We pulled up to the side of the beach, and the fire was just getting started. "Thank you so much, B," I said, hugging her tightly.

"No problem, D," she said, hugging me back. I slid out of the truck and smiled widely when i saw Paul. Jared, who was talking to him, saw me, and waved. I waved back. Jared pointed to me, and Paul turned around. He smiled brightly. I swear, every time I see him, I fall for him harder. He ran up towards me, and picked me up in a hug, spinning me around. I laughed, and kissed him. We pulled away, and he sat me down, lacing his fingers with mine, and we walked down to the fire. We sat down and waited for everyone to show up. When everyone was here, the elders were telling the Quilette Legends. Hearing about my family hurt, and I think Paul could tell because he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to his warm body.

"You ok, Dylan?" He whispered, looking at me concerned. I smiled and kissed him lightly.

"I'm fine," I whispered back. He smiled at me, then looked up at the parking lot by the beach. I heard a loud car pull in, engine roaring. It didn't sound like Bella's piece of shit engine, but more like classic car engine. When I saw the car, my eyes almost popped out of my skull. Whoever they were pulled up in a red 1972 Chevelle. "Nice ride," I muttered to Paul. He nodded. The person got out, and it was a pretty girl about my age with long dark hair, green heart-shaped sunglasses, jean shorts, a black talk top, green zebra striped bag, and green sneakers. The closer she walked, I noticed a feather necklace. 'Cute,' I thought.

She walked up, and bent down to talk to one of the elders. He pointed over to us, and the girl smiled brightly. She ran over. "Hi," she said.

"Hi," I said, and Paul just grunted.

"Are you Paul Parker?" She asked. Paul nodded. The girl sighed in relief. "I've been looking all over for you. I'm Hayley Parker. You're half-sister." She said in a rush. My jaw dropped, and Paul's eyes were wide.

HAYLEY

Hayley couldn't help but feel nervous when her half- brother and the pretty blond sitting next to him, stared at her. She bit her lip, and smiled slightly. "Look, I know this is a shock, and I'm sorry for springing this on you, but I lost my mother last year, and you're the only family I have left," she said in a strained voice. The blond blinked and looked at Hayley sadly.

"Aww, honey. Come here, and sit down," she said, sliding away from Paul, and tapping the space in between them. Hayley smiled, and sat down in between. The blond smiled. "Hi, I'm Dylan," she introduced. Hayley smiled.

"Hayley," she said. Dylan looked at the necklace hanging from Hayley's neck.

"That is a beautiful necklace," she said. Hayley smiled sadly.

"Thanks. It was my mom's, then she gave it to me before she died," she said. Dylan smiled sympathetically.

"Paul!" Someone shouted, gaining his attention.

"What?" He asked.

"Embry's sick," the guy said.

"Embry? Embry Call?" Dylan asked. The guy nodded. The guy, Dylan, and Paul exchanged knowing glances.

"Alright, we better go help him," Paul sighed, running a hand through his short hair. "Jared, go get Sam, and tell him what happened. Hayley," he said facing the confused girl. "Here's my address. My mom should be home, so explain everything to her. We have a guest bedroom you can stay in," he said, smiling slightly. Hayley's heart nearly burst out of her chest with excitement.

"Thank you," she said, jumping on Paul in a hug. Paul hugged back kind of awkwardly, but Hayley didn't care. She finally had her brother. She jumped off, and stood back.

"Dylan, you'll come with me and I'll drop you off at home," he said. He faced Hayley again. "Can you get home alright?" He asked. Hayley nodded.

"I'm good with directions." Paul nodded.

"Then I'll see you there," he said, and walked towards his truck. Dylan followed, but hugged Hayley first.

"Bye Hayls," she said.

"Bye Dyls," Hayley said, smiling. Glad to have a friend. She got into her car, and drove to Paul's house.

DYLAN

The ride back home was silent, but not in the bad way. Paul looked over and saw me staring out the window, and grabbed my hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing the back of my hand. I smiled over at him. "How are you taking it?" I asked. He sighed.

"It's a lot to take in," he admitted.

"You're not alone. I promise to stay by your side through the entire thing," I promised. He smiled.

"Thank you, baby," he said. I grinned. I looked at his face when he was focused on the road, his fingers still laced with mine. My eyes trailed over his face, taking in every feature.

'Holy shit....' I thought, something was dawning on me. 'I'm falling in love with him.'