Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Love

I kept staring at him. Oh God, I was falling in love. That was one of the things I never wanted that to happen after seeing what happened with Bella. I could feel my chest tightening in fear. Paul looked over at me, and smiled, and all that fear just melted away. I could breathe again, and falling in love didn't seem like such a bad idea. We pulled up to the house, and Paul leaned over and kissed me lightly. "Goodnight, baby," he whispered.

"Night, love," I whispered back, and kissed him again, then slid out of the truck, walking into the house. "Bella? Charlie? I'm home!" I called out. I din't get an answer. I walked into the kitchen, and saw a note.

Dyls,

Went to diner with Charlie. Didn't know when you were coming back. If you need anything call my cell.

Bella


I put the note down, and walked up the steps leading to mine and Bella's room. I layed down on the bed, and that feeling on Bella's 18th birthday was there again. Jesus, what else can happen?

PAUL

Paul looked at Dylan enter her house with a worried expression. There was something bothering her. He could feel it. He bit his lip, wondering if it was him. He parked his truck, and walked around the house to where he saw a light turn on on the second floor. He jumped up into a tree, and threw a rock lightly at the window. Dylan snapped her head around at the sound, then saw Paul, and smiled. She walked over to the window and opened it. "What are you doing?" She laughed.

"Step back," he said. She took a couple steps back, and Paul jumped in the room, landing lightly on his feet. Dylan went up to him.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, confusion and worry etched across her face.

"I was about to ask you the same thing. Are you alright?" He asked. Dylan nodded.

"I'm fine, baby," she said, placing her cool hand on his warm cheek. "I just have a lot on my mind," she admitted. He grabbed her hand, and pulled her to the bed. He layed down, pulling her along with him. He wrapped his arms around her protectively, while she layed her head on his chest.

"Whats going on?" He asked. Dylan sighed, and buried her face in his chest.

"I don't want it to seem to fast," she mumbled. He chuckled.

"What do you mean?" He asked. She looked up at him with painful, conflicting eyes. He basically felt her pain for how clear it was. He cupped her face with his hands. "Dylan...baby please. Tell me what it is?" He practically begged, wanting to know what was causing her so much pain.

"I'm scared to," she whispered.

"Just tell me," he said, his anger seeping through slightly.

"I'm fucking in love with you!" She shouted, then slapped a hand over her mouth, eyes wide. Paul's eyes widened.

"What?" He asked softly. Her eyes filled with tears, and her breathing became slightly labored.

"I knew it was to soon," she said, and ran down the stairs. Paul heard the door open, then slam shut and finally came to his senses.

He loved her too. He hopped off the bed, and ran at top speed out the door. "Dylan!" He yelled. He looked around, and sighed. He sniffed the air, hopping to catch her sweet, vanilla smelling scent, and sighed in relief when he did. He ran towards that direction and found her a minute later, sitting by a lake, her hair flowing softly around her in the cool, night breeze. "Dylan," he whispered. She turned her head slightly, then looked down.

"I'm so sorry, Paul. I probably ruined everything between us. We're not even dating, I already told you I loved-" he cut her off by pressing his lips to hers. Their lips moved in sync, then he pulled away slightly, laying his forehead against hers. He stared into her hazel eyes.

"Dylan, you saying that isn't going to ruin anything between us. I love you too," he whispered. Dylan's eyes started watering.

"Really?" She asked. He nodded.

"Really," he murmured against her lips, then kissed her again. "Dylan, will you be my girl friend?" He asked. A smile broke across her face, and she nodded quickly.

"Yes!" She shouted, and attacked him with a hug. He picked her up, and swung her around, making her laugh. He set her back down, and kissed her forehead lightly.

"Come on, let's get you back home," he said, lacing their fingers together, and leading her back towards Charlie's house.

DYLAN

We walked back hand-in-hand to Charlie's house, and we stopped by his truck. I leaned against the door of his truck, and pulled him closer. He put both of his hands on either side of me, and pressed his torso against mine, pinning me to the truck. I grinned up at him. "I love you," I said. He smiled.

"I love you, too," he said, kissing me. After a minute, he chuckled.

"What?" I muttered against his lips.

"I hear Bella's truck around the corner," he muttered back. I made a whining sound in the back of my throat. He pulled away, and pressed his lips against my temple a few times. "I'll see you tomorrow, baby," he said.

"Bye," I whispered, watching him get into his truck, and drive away. I walked into the house, and walked up stairs. I plopped down on my bed right when I heard the door open. I closed my eyes, and fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait. Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks.